Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyrom Find on One Epic Knight

Default Wyrom Find on One Epic Knight

Just rejoined platinum with my wife, and we're enjoying it for the trial thus far. Because of that, I was prompted to research the platinum treasure system, when I came across this interesting injection by Wyrom. Granted, it's not necessarily Plat related, but I found it pretty awesome. Are you, and/or the GM's still producing gems like this at random?

http://oneepicknight.com/forums/GemS...thread/1558793

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Just rejoined platinum with my wife, and we're enjoying it for the trial thus far. Because of that, I was prompted to research the platinum treasure system, when I came across this interesting injection by Wyrom. Granted, it's not necessarily Plat related, but I found it pretty awesome. Are you, and/or the GM's still producing gems like this at random?

http://oneepicknight.com/forums/GemS...thread/1558793
    They typically design and put stuff into the hopper. I think they said they have limits on how awesome a weapon is allowed to be, that they create anyways. Obviously if you find something with a show, it is probably made by a GM. Wyrom has said the automated system can make just about anything. I think the coolest thing I ever saw (well, posted on the forums) was a 9x naginata that came out. I don't remember if anyone ever posted about finding it though.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    They typically design and put stuff into the hopper. I think they said they have limits on how awesome a weapon is allowed to be, that they create anyways. Obviously if you find something with a show, it is probably made by a GM. Wyrom has said the automated system can make just about anything. I think the coolest thing I ever saw (well, posted on the forums) was a 9x naginata that came out. I don't remember if anyone ever posted about finding it though.
    I'd LOVE to see announcements (in-game and on the forums) about this sort of thing. It'd motivate people to get out and hunt, spark interest, and other good things.

[Announcement] Retser: A very special lance just went into the hopper, and is likely to be found in the next few hours! Enjoy!

Since coming back, I've been a little more aware of the 'boring' stretches. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty going on. Merchants, raffles, invasions, etc. But I don't think there can be TOO MUCH going on. If things like this are being created on a semi-regular basis and chucked into the hopper, turn it into a treasure hunt by letting people know, especially if there's the ability to put it semi-near the 'top' of the hopper.
    Follow along on Twitter @GSIVOubar

4. Default

I found a perm HDW sancted 4x spikestar in the Rift once that had a LONG, obviously GM-created. I still have it lockered somewhere. Took it to a Marsteform merchant to get lightened once and he OOC whispered that he was excited because I found what he made.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 0zymandius View Post
    I'd LOVE to see announcements (in-game and on the forums) about this sort of thing. It'd motivate people to get out and hunt, spark interest, and other good things.

[Announcement] Retser: A very special lance just went into the hopper, and is likely to be found in the next few hours! Enjoy!

Since coming back, I've been a little more aware of the 'boring' stretches. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty going on. Merchants, raffles, invasions, etc. But I don't think there can be TOO MUCH going on. If things like this are being created on a semi-regular basis and chucked into the hopper, turn it into a treasure hunt by letting people know, especially if there's the ability to put it semi-near the 'top' of the hopper.
    Good suggestion.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlprprincess View Post
    I found a perm HDW sancted 4x spikestar in the Rift once that had a LONG, obviously GM-created. I still have it lockered somewhere. Took it to a Marsteform merchant to get lightened once and he OOC whispered that he was excited because I found what he made.
    That's awesome!

Outside of the traditional stuff going on, events, RP, invasions and whatnot, cool, unexpected loot is pretty exciting.

There are currently 1,344 items that are GM-created in the hopper. We had ideas to announce when things are found (not in game). Unfortunately, it won't happen due to POLICY 18 violations.

Stuff goes out daily. GMs have to constantly make items for it. The number above may seem like a lot, but it would be empty sometime in June if we didn't create new items constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    There are currently 1,344 items that are GM-created in the hopper. We had ideas to announce when things are found (not in game). Unfortunately, it won't happen due to POLICY 18 violations.

Stuff goes out daily. GMs have to constantly make items for it. The number above may seem like a lot, but it would be empty sometime in June if we didn't create new items constantly.
    1,344 items in the hopper
    With no new items, the hopper would run dry of said items 'sometime in June'
    Worst case scenario: 36 of these items are found every single day, on average??

Thought #1: I wonder how many get pawned or otherwise sold off without the finder realizing.
    Thought #2: Shit... I wonder how many I've pawned without knowing it!
    Thought #3: I hope that's what I've done, otherwise I'm a seriously unlucky bastard...
    Follow along on Twitter @GSIVOubar

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post

You know, according to the twitter, Sir Meatcules has found a LOT of special items...

10. Default

I found a +2 STR bonus neckworn that had a long to it once... I fell in love and it's been on my zelian ever since. I get a kick out of finding GM creations and do my best to hold onto them as much as possible.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~