Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas to Drain Silvers

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    If it didn't hurt this discussion wouldn't be taking place. Every attempt at a fix will end with wailing and gnashing of teeth.

As mentioned earlier, the only real fix would be to create a formula that ties the amount of currency directly to loot drops. The problem is in the real world value is directly tied to scarcity, the gold vein eventually runs dry. Would you continue playing if critters didn't drop anything for x amount of years simply for the purpose of propping up real life cash values?
    I don't think the only fix is by stopping loot drops.

And the purpose wouldn't be to prop up the real life cash value of silvers. It would be to prevent hyper-inflation of basically everything.

The cash market is part of the game, whether you like it or not. Wyrom used to participate in it, so I'm sure he's not exactly against it.

You may not like it, but it's only going to get worse unless some kind of effort is taken to find a need for silvers.

Loot crates. It would basically be an in game silver based slot machine. People lose all self control with that shit and will be poor in no time if it's done right. Just look at how dumb people got with digging.

A good silver drain fix would be something automated that people will get hooked on easily that can but usually won't pay off. That glimmer of hope that the next pull will be the lucky pull will keep them dumping coins into it, deathly afraid that if they walk away now the next pull would have been the payoff.

Go a little further and make a Gold Saucer like area with all kinds of similar games to piss your money away on with a small chance of a payoff.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-09-2017 at 04:10 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Loot crates. It would basically be an in game silver based slot machine. People lose all self control with that shit and will be poor in no time if it's done right. Just look at how dumb people got with digging.
    I was thinking you meant crates that required you to use out of game currency to buy keys to open.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

People love that RNG stuff!
    ~ Peppwyn

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I was thinking you meant crates that required you to use out of game currency to buy keys to open.

I even had example silver prices in my first post about it.

Reported.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-09-2017 at 04:13 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Blog Entries

Those are 'gold' lootcrates. Silver lootcrates can be unlocked normal silver currency.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Those are 'gold' lootcrates. Silver lootcrates can be unlocked normal silver currency.
    Only gold lootcrate will have things in them worth a damn though! They'll also make gamewide announcements when something good is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Gold loot crates would be like 250k silvers or something.

Start at 10k for a bottom tier box, all the way up to 500k-1m or whatever for a platinum box.

Only gold lootcrate will have things in them worth a damn though! They'll also make gamewide announcements when something good is found.
    You can get good shit from any of them. The more expensive the box, the greater (but still probably not that great) chance for a good pull. You could put literally anything into this system.

Pulling an epic item from a shit tier box is possible, but the odds of it actually happening would be incredibly low like rolling 5 100s in a row low or something.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-09-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Gold loot crates would be like 250k silvers or something.

Start at 10k for a bottom tier box, all the way up to 500k-1m or whatever for a platinum box.
    Doesn't something like this sorta exist, only for BPs instead of silver? Seems they could tweek that.