Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Unconstitutional for Trump to Block People on Twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    So if Twitter is an "open forum" then we can expect that all public figures now have to document, keep records and can't block people? How about general people, I can't go into the street, an "open forum" and censor people or keep them from yelling at me. So when does this spread to other forms of electronic media such as Google, Facebook and others? If you can't block someone because it's an "open forum" then how can anyone block anything? And before someone goes off on "it's a private company" just remember, so is Twitter and the POTUS can't block people on it. Does being the POTUS mean you no longer have your civil rights? You agree to some terms in taking the job but you still don't have to let people in your home and so on. I can sooooooo see this judgment going very badly, very quickly.
    You didn't actually read the decision, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    And it reappears. . .

You really have no fucking clue just how bad this decision is in the over all picture of sliding to Gomorrah.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    And it reappears. . .

You really have no fucking clue just how bad this decision is in the over all picture of sliding to Gomorrah.
    LOL So no, you didn't read the decision.

But you feel really well-informed anyway. Yet, if you had read the decision, you'd realize how hilarious your little diatribe is.
    Last edited by time4fun; 05-24-2018 at 10:19 PM.

They're defending trumps civil rights to block people on Twitter? You got to be shitting me.

All trump has to do is not read the stuff that hurts his feelings. He can also mute people. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    They're defending trumps civil rights to block people on Twitter? You got to be shitting me.

All trump has to do is not read the stuff that hurts his feelings. He can also mute people. Problem solved.
    you're retarded.

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post

Or he could stop conducting official business on Twitter. That was a crucial part of the fact pattern for this case. (And it's why it was so abundantly clear that Rockstar hadn't read more than a headline in the story)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Will Trump be the first POTUS to be held in contempt of court over Twitter?
    Oh, and something else...

But she did not issue an injunction ordering Mr. Trump or Mr. Scavino to unblock the users, a nod to the separation-of-powers sensitivities of a judge’s ordering a president to do something. Rather, her ruling simply declared what the Constitution requires, with the expectation that the White House would comply.

So nope.

The DoJ is expected to appeal.
    Last edited by Gelston; 05-25-2018 at 11:38 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Or he could stop conducting official business on Twitter. That was a crucial part of the fact pattern for this case. (And it's why it was so abundantly clear that Rockstar hadn't read more than a headline in the story)
    Shut up . Go back to not posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Oh, and something else...

But she did not issue an injunction ordering Mr. Trump or Mr. Scavino to unblock the users, a nod to the separation-of-powers sensitivities of a judge’s ordering a president to do something. Rather, her ruling simply declared what the Constitution requires, with the expectation that the White House would comply.

So nope.

The DoJ is expected to appeal.
    Didn't she say that there was no need to issue the order to unblock because its expected that public officials follow the law?

If the DOJ appeals then that's proof that his Twitter is not personal
    Last edited by cwolff; 05-25-2018 at 12:47 PM.