Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Comey Testimony

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    The thing is, they actually sort of believe that.

The liberal elites have co-opted the mainstream media, which- as a part of its secret mission to destroy conservatives- has created inaccurate fact checking sites that intentionally mislead people into believing liberal things. And the only media you can trust to be impartial is the conservative media with blatantly partisan goals- because they said so.

And all of these corrupt liberal media elites are working clandestinely with a secretive Deep State in the Department of Justice- compromised of career officials and Trump appointees- to make Hillary Clinton President and to take down Donald Trump.

Because the notion that the Trump campaign did things that were very suspicious and warranted investigation for the safety of our country, or that our spying laws weren't written to imprison a Secretary of State who used a private email server with no illicit intentions...

I mean, that just sounds crazy.
    Yup. Backfire effect in full. They're the low information voters so they don't need much. A few buzzwords, some labels and they're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    We're the low information voters so we don't need much. A few buzzwords, some labels and we're good to go. And if someone disagrees we call them racist.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Yup. Backfire effect in full. They're the low information voters so they don't need much. A few buzzwords, some labels and they're good to go.
    lol you're both retarded.

Don't get me wrong, Democrats lie too. My two biggest pet peeves are:

1) Most people are going to see their taxes go up under the new tax bill: huge distortion. Most of them will eventually have taxes that are higher than they would be today since the individual tax breaks are set to expire. But A) The spin cycle has implied that the increase would be immediate, and B) the individual tax cuts could be extended down the line- which would make the statement false.

2) 28 millions of people would lose their health insurance if we repeal the ACA: Also a distortion. Most of those 28 million people people would absolutely lose their insurance, but that number also includes people who would voluntarily declined health insurance. (We're talking about people who could afford it but choose not to)

I love Rachel Maddow- she's the only opinion news show I'll watch (and the only explicitly liberal news source I allow myself to consume with any regularity), but she used that second distortion a lot. And it was very disappointing.

The ACA Repeal and the GOP Tax Bill came with enough accurate ammunition to criticize them- there was no need to distort the reality of their impact.
    Last edited by time4fun; 04-16-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Don't get me wrong, Democrats lie too. My two biggest pet peeves are:

1) Most people are going to see their taxes go up under the new tax bill: huge distortion. Most of them will eventually have taxes that are higher than they would be today since the individual tax breaks are set to expire. But A) The spin cycle has implied that the increase would be immediate, and B) the individual tax cuts could be extended down the line- which would make the statement false.

2) 28 millions of people would lose their health insurance if we repeal the ACA: Also a distortion. Most of those 28 million people people would absolutely lose their insurance, but that number also includes people who would voluntarily declined health insurance. (We're talking about people who could afford it but choose not to)

I love Rachel Maddow- she's the only opinion news show I'll watch (and the only explicitly liberal news source I allow myself to consume with any regularity), but she used that second distortion a lot. And it was very disappointing.

The ACA Repeal and the GOP Tax Bill came with enough accurate ammunition to criticize them- there was no need to distort the reality of their impact.
    damn u r dumb.

Haha! Comey didn't hold back. All he said is everything we already know. Trump's a piece of shit. Trouble is there are a bunch of people who just don't care.

Haha! Comey didn't hold back. All he said is everything we already know. Trump's a piece of shit. Trouble is there are a bunch of people who just don't care.
    says the Butthurt Bandit.

[Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

I'd have thought all the shit-talkers around here would appreciate the amount of shit Comey dropped on Trump. It was impressive.

I'd have thought all the shit-talkers around here would appreciate the amount of shit Comey dropped on Trump. It was impressive.

I think I accidentally admitted that Comey is just talking shit.

Last edited by Methais; 04-16-2018 at 11:22 AM.