Page 5 of 115 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread for Trump's Self-Inflicted Wound of the Day

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Seriously, put the Fox News down. You sound insane.
    She pretty much says exactly that. Just like that Evergreen College bullshit. Kids mad at a professor because he wouldn't get behind telling a specific race be banned from the campus for a day.
    Last edited by drauz; 06-07-2017 at 07:40 AM.

Let's be honest- this just needs its own thread. The man has never met a self-destructive strategy he didn't like.

Today:

Trump decided to tweet about the Travel Ban:

etc.

So first, Trump signed off on pulling the original EO while it was before the Courts and then wrote and signed the new version himself. So it's unclear why he's blaming the Justice Department for his executive actions.

Second, let's review the arguments that the Administration have been using to defend the second EO in Court:

1) It's not a travel ban. it's a travel "pause"

2) It's not the enactment of his campaign promise to ban Muslims from entering the US (specifically his promise to take the Muslim ban, reword it without saying Muslim, and then make it happen)

3) It's unrelated to the original EO- it's its own thing

4) It's unmotivated by political malice against a religious minority

Calling it a travel ban (a phrase that the Administration lawyers have explicitly avoided using) makes it harder to argue it's just a "pause", saying it's a politically correct version of what he wants- just supports the notion that this is his long-promised Muslim ban (which...obviously it is), and calling it a watered down version of the original just means this is absolutely related to the first, unconstitutional EO.

Trump is a prosecutor's dream come true. He literally goes on written, public record to contradict his own defense team and to support the arguments that have so far been successful for the prosecutors.

Kudos Donnie.
    Can you imagine the entertainment you and Backlash could do if you teamed up?

I can:

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Seriously, put the Fox News down. You sound insane.
    For fucks sake dumbass, your memory must be gone because I have clearly stated multiple times that I don't have TV and have not had TV in my home since 2009. You are insane. Lastly, that woman is a racist piece of shit that thinks that racism is ok as long as she commits it against others. Stop defending racist pieces of shit.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    I don't have TV and have not had TV in my home since 2009. You are insane.
    You are not helping your situation here.

YOU are insane.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Dear god, there's a lot today. Comey released a statement prior to him testifying in front of the Senate tomorrow. There's plenty of self-inflicted wound fodder in this one (not surprisingly). Some highlights:

Comey confirmed that he was invited to- and attended- a dinner with just Trump (though he believed there would be other people there). His assessment of the situation:

The President began by asking me whether I wanted to stay on as FBI Director, which I found strange because he had already told me twice in earlier conversations that he hoped I would stay, and I had assured him that I intended to.
    My instincts told me that the one-on-one setting, and the pretense that this was our first discussion about my position, meant the dinner was, at least in part, an effort to have me ask for my job and create some sort of patronage relationship. That concerned me greatly, given the FBI’s traditionally independent status in the executive branch.
    A few moments later, the President said, “I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.
    Near the end of our dinner, the President returned to the subject of my job, saying he was very glad I wanted to stay, adding that he had heard great things about me from Jim Mattis, Jeff Sessions, and many others. He then said, “I need loyalty.
    Comey recounted a Feb 14th meeting where he was asked by the President to stay behind to meet 1:1. Apparently Trump dismissed both Sessions and Kushner who were trying to linger behind. During the meeting:

When the door by the grandfather clock closed, and we were alone, the President began by saying, “I want to talk about Mike Flynn.” Flynn had resigned the previous day. The President began by saying Flynn hadn’t done anything wrong in speaking with the Russians, but he had to let him go because he had misled the Vice President. He added that he had other concerns about Flynn, which he did not then specify.
    He then said, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”
    The statement goes on to recount two other meetings where Trump is clearly trying to influence the way Comey was dealing with the investigation.

Comey indicated that there were several other meetings not discussed in the statement but which he kept notes on.

For fucks sake dumbass, your memory must be gone because I have clearly stated multiple times that I don't have TV and have not had TV in my home since 2009. You are insane. Lastly, that woman is a racist piece of shit that thinks that racism is ok as long as she commits it against others. Stop defending racist pieces of shit.
    Yeah, that cleared up the whole "you sound insane" thing.

Yeah, that cleared up the whole "you sound insane" thing.
    Last edited by Fortybox; 06-07-2017 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    You are not helping your situation here.

YOU are insane.
    Why, because I don't want to pay for negative crap to be pumped into my home 24/7 because the free channels where I live are the basic crap networks and that's all?
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Why, because I don't want to pay for negative crap to be pumped into my home 24/7 because the free channels where I live are the basic crap networks and that's all?
    Yes.

Post your manifesto here, crazy nutjob.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible