Page 38 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread for Trump's Self-Inflicted Wound of the Day

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Agreed Tyrant. Here's to hoping true reform sets in. First thing that would really help IMO.. term limits. Our representatives are supposed to be CITIZEN's as well as our representatives. Not lifetime overseers.

Good start to the discussion. I appreciate your input.
    Yeah good luck getting Congress to do that. You really think career politicians are going to give up all that free bacon?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Yeah good luck getting Congress to do that. You really think career politicians are going to give up all that free bacon?
    Naw definitely not. And most of them would never support limits on campaign finance. R or D, a big problem is moneyed interests maintaining a stranglehold on incumbents who are beholden to them.
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant-201 View Post
    Naw definitely not. And most of them would never support limits on campaign finance. R or D, a big problem is moneyed interests maintaining a stranglehold on incumbents who are beholden to them.
    There are some states that have enacted term limits. State voters can do it, surely Congress won't.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Did you miss earlier where I said I was an idiot for hoping?

As for getting Congress to do it, if voters really wanted to and... this will be a shock... the Left and the Right continually voted out representatives that didn't vote for term limits it could be done.

But good luck getting voters to do that. :P

I still can't believe Hillary spent over 1 BILLION dollars on her campaign. Talk about insanity.

Trump was around 400m right? Somewhere in that range.. but to top a Billion blew my mind.

Blog Entries

I still can't believe Hillary spent over 1 BILLION dollars on her campaign. Talk about insanity.

Trump was around 400m right? Somewhere in that range.. but to top a Billion blew my mind.
    Hand-picked by the establishment that didn't give a shit where their actual vote lies.

I wouldn't vote for Trump, but I wouldn't vote for Hillary in a million years either. "Choose the lesser of two evils, and the devil's still gonna win" - Run the Jewels
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

Blog Entries

There are more of us who examine the left and are dissatisfied with it than you might think.

I, for one, would fully support an investigation into the Clinton's wrongdoings over the years. Either way, their time in politics seems to be at an end.

I'm through with supporting politicians who sell out their people to the highest bidder. Democrat or Republican alike. Say what you want about Trump, but he's exposed the system for the farce that it is. A lot of people voted for him because they're fed up. A lot of people didn't vote for Hillary because they're fed up. The system hasn't seemed to learn it's lesson though.
    This sounds like where I was at 7 or 8 years ago, you are coming along nicely.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    This sounds like where I was at 7 or 8 years ago, you are coming along nicely.

Yeah, you're the last person here that I aspire to be. You're a shitstain upon humanity. No offense or anything.
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

Did you miss earlier where I said I was an idiot for hoping?

As for getting Congress to do it, if voters really wanted to and... this will be a shock... the Left and the Right continually voted out representatives that didn't vote for term limits it could be done.

But good luck getting voters to do that. :P
    Term limits aren't the problem (Remember the mess we ended up with after 2010?)- money is.

Elected officials desperately want campaign finance limits- most of them didn't come to Washington to spend 80% of their time fund-raising. The problem is, if you support them, and they DON'T happen- you're toast. Especially after Citizens United- the PTB can unseat you very easily.

The Courts are the only way out, but the GOP screwed that up when they stole a seat from Obama. (And when they nominated Justices who had spent years building the jurisprudence for corporate personhood) Without a liberal majority in SCOTUS, campaign finance won't be reigned in.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Term limits aren't the problem (Remember the mess we ended up with after 2010?)- money is.

Elected officials desperately want campaign finance limits- most of them didn't come to Washington to spend 80% of their time fund-raising. The problem is, if you support them, and they DON'T happen- you're toast. Especially after Citizens United- the PTB can unseat you very easily.

The Courts are the only way out, but the GOP screwed that up when they stole a seat from Obama. (And when they nominated Justices who had spent years building the jurisprudence for corporate personhood) Without a liberal majority in SCOTUS, campaign finance won't be reigned in.
    Well it was a good run, everyone. Had what, 5 people in a row all say "Yeah the whole thing is fucked up, fuck both parties!"

Then time4fun had to come along with her partisan bullshit.

"Remember in 2010 when everything got fucked cause of REPUBLICANS?!"

"We almost had the problem solved until the REPUBLICANS fucked everything up!"