Page 1 of 115 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread for Trump's Self-Inflicted Wound of the Day

Default A Thread for Trump's Self-Inflicted Wound of the Day

Let's be honest- this just needs its own thread. The man has never met a self-destructive strategy he didn't like.

Today:

Trump decided to tweet about the Travel Ban:

“The Justice Dept. should have stayed with the original Travel Ban, not the watered down, politically correct version they submitted to S.C.,” Mr. Trump wrote.
    etc.

So first, Trump signed off on pulling the original EO while it was before the Courts and then wrote and signed the new version himself. So it's unclear why he's blaming the Justice Department for his executive actions.

Second, let's review the arguments that the Administration have been using to defend the second EO in Court:

1) It's not a travel ban. it's a travel "pause"

2) It's not the enactment of his campaign promise to ban Muslims from entering the US (specifically his promise to take the Muslim ban, reword it without saying Muslim, and then make it happen)

3) It's unrelated to the original EO- it's its own thing

4) It's unmotivated by political malice against a religious minority

Calling it a travel ban (a phrase that the Administration lawyers have explicitly avoided using) makes it harder to argue it's just a "pause", saying it's a politically correct version of what he wants- just supports the notion that this is his long-promised Muslim ban (which...obviously it is), and calling it a watered down version of the original just means this is absolutely related to the first, unconstitutional EO.

Trump is a prosecutor's dream come true. He literally goes on written, public record to contradict his own defense team and to support the arguments that have so far been successful for the prosecutors.

Kudos Donnie.

Let's be honest- you're profoundly retarded.

Blog Entries

It's the president's job to protect our borders. He should be able to ban whoever he deems a national security threat from entering our country.
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant-201 View Post
    It's the president's job to protect our borders. He should be able to ban whoever he deems a national security threat from entering our country.
    In principle I agree with this. It's just banning muslims from Isis held territory is exactly what Isis wants;a massive propoganda coup.

"Do you see how the infidels hate us! They want to divide out families! Stay here and join Isis; your only alternative!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    In principle I agree with this. It's just banning muslims from Isis held territory is exactly what Isis wants;a massive propoganda coup.

"Do you see how the infidels hate us! They want to divide out families! Stay here and join Isis; your only alternative!"
    He should also deport you.
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant-201 View Post
    He should also deport you.
    To where?

To where?
    Preferably to a place where you would not be able to access the internet.
    Semper superne nitens.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Let's be honest- this just needs its own thread. The man has never met a self-destructive strategy he didn't like.

Today:

Trump decided to tweet about the Travel Ban:

etc.

So first, Trump signed off on pulling the original EO while it was before the Courts and then wrote and signed the new version himself. So it's unclear why he's blaming the Justice Department for his executive actions.

Second, let's review the arguments that the Administration have been using to defend the second EO in Court:

1) It's not a travel ban. it's a travel "pause"

2) It's not the enactment of his campaign promise to ban Muslims from entering the US (specifically his promise to take the Muslim ban, reword it without saying Muslim, and then make it happen)

3) It's unrelated to the original EO- it's its own thing

4) It's unmotivated by political malice against a religious minority

Calling it a travel ban (a phrase that the Administration lawyers have explicitly avoided using) makes it harder to argue it's just a "pause", saying it's a politically correct version of what he wants- just supports the notion that this is his long-promised Muslim ban (which...obviously it is), and calling it a watered down version of the original just means this is absolutely related to the first, unconstitutional EO.

Trump is a prosecutor's dream come true. He literally goes on written, public record to contradict his own defense team and to support the arguments that have so far been successful for the prosecutors.

Kudos Donnie.
    I can't even imagine how much of a drama queen you must be in real life.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Tyrant is trolling again- he doesn't actually believe that.

But honestly, Congress passes laws, and the Constitution has universal rules that govern government's actions. The President needs a certain amount of leeway, but it must be in accordance with the laws of the land- which this EO isn't. At all.

More importantly though- the real issue here is that Trump's compulsive need to defend himself regardless of the consequences (typical of narcissistic personality disorder) is causing a lot of his problems. He will almost assuredly lose a SCOTUS case at this point based entirely off of information he has voluntarily put into the record.

Derp derp derpa derp derp.
    mmhm. Interesting.