Page 94 of 115 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread for Trump's Self-Inflicted Wound of the Day

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Oh, honey.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Oh, honey.
    Reported for sexual harassment.

#MeToo
    Last edited by Methais; 02-16-2018 at 08:49 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Weird story re: VA Secretary Shulkin. There aren't any other kinds, I know, but still:

There also seems to be a broader messaging disconnect that exemplifies how much the department's secretary and the White House-aligned officials working in it are not on the same page.

Last week, when the inspector general report on Shulkin's 2017 Europe trip became public, the secretary released a statement in which he defended himself, saying that he had "done nothing wrong." In that same statement, Shulkin called the report "neither accurate nor objective" and characterized it as "a direct assault on my spouse, my character and my unblemished record of service to the Veterans Affairs Administration."

Hours later, Shulkin's statement no longer appeared on the VA's website. The statement was replaced by a significantly shorter one from the VA's press secretary that said, "Accountability and transparency are important values at VA under President Trump, and we look forward to reviewing the report and its recommendations in more detail before determining an appropriate response."

Cashour declined to answer questions about why he replaced the secretary's statement with one of his own.
    This is weird! But it gets weirder!
    Inquires about Shulkin made to the VA's press office have been referred to the White House; Shulkin has been communicating with reporters not with the involvement of the press office, but instead through his personal cell phone.

Veteran Affairs isn't the State Department or anything, but it's still a Cabinet level position filled by a guy President Trump himself nominated barely a year ago. Why is he hanging him out to dry, and why is he doing it so obviously, and why on top of all that is he doing it immediately after he publicly and repeatedly defended a guy who literally punched his wife in the face before literally punching his next wife in the face? How does he not get what a bad look this is? Yeesh.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

The party of "Don't politicize a tragedy" is raising money from the school shooting.

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/9...0%7Ctwterm%5E2

Then there is this. I saw it this morning and assumed it was from a satire/parody site.

"If the sanctions don't work, we'll have to go phase two," Trump said. "Phase two may be a very rough thing, may be very, very unfortunate for the world. But hopefully the sanctions will work."

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Then there is this. I saw it this morning and assumed it was from a satire/parody site.
    We could just wring our hands and hope things will be better like our last limp wristed President did.

and this...

One Mexican official said Trump “lost his temper.” But U.S. officials described him instead as being frustrated and exasperated, saying Trump believed it was unreasonable for Peña Nieto to expect him to back off his crowd-pleasing campaign promise of forcing Mexico to pay for the wall.
    I love how the WH can barely even spin it. That confirms that trump lost his shit.

8. Default

White House Communications Directors:

Trump: 5 in 13 months
    Obama: 5 in 8 years
    Bush: 4 in 8 years
    Clinton: 5 in 8 years
    Bush HW: 2 in 4 years
    Reagan: 7 in 8 years

9. Default

"He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great," Trump said. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll give that a shot some day."

Blog Entries

FWIW given the context I think that was an attempt at a joke, but fuck me do I hate reading about anything he says because he sounds like an imbecile.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.