Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Official: Playershops: Phase 1 Updates

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    https://gswiki.play.net/Player_run_shop

I've poked around this link and haven't found an answer, are shops limited to 1 per character or 1 per account?
    They're currently 1 per character. There has been discussion about 1 per account on the officials, but the current Stance from the GM's is that this is not planned.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ArchSenex View Post
    They're currently 1 per character. There has been discussion about 1 per account on the officials, but the current Stance from the GM's is that this is not planned.
    Thanks, I was fairly certain this was the case, but didn't want to make an assumption.

What are people's thoughts on this matter? Should it remain 1 per character, or would people prefer 1 per account?
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

3. Default

Thanks, I was fairly certain this was the case, but didn't want to make an assumption.

What are people's thoughts on this matter? Should it remain 1 per character, or would people prefer 1 per account?
    My personal stance is that I don't think 1 per account will really solve the problem. Plenty of people have multiple accounts. If the concern is about people hoarding up shops so that they have a dozen of them, the problem should be solved a different way. If there are lots of inactive shops (locker shops) then I'd rather there be some mechanism to prevent that specifically. If we end up with players that have a dozen good, active shops, then where's the harm? The solution to that is more shops, not less shops for those players.

So overall, I just don't see how 1 per account aligns to solving specific problems.

Obviously, one person's opinion.

So how are the deeds released that have lapsed? Randomly or at a specific time?

I'd prefer to see everyone who wants a shop (singular) be able to get one. One per account is fair, I think. But don't restrict the overall number of available shops. Make everyone able to purchase a simple, one room shop (or three if you're premium). This shop wouldn't be alterable in any way, and would have no frills, just the ability to put some of your stuff up for sale. Then sell upgrades to shops through the Simucoin store, or put certificates into the loot system or something. More rooms, better furniture, customizable facades through a Sadie-like system, customer tracking... you get the idea. I just dislike, personally, the notion that shops could be hoarded and resold by profiteers.
    Follow along on Twitter @GSIVOubar

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    So how are the deeds released that have lapsed? Randomly or at a specific time?
    Retser has not confirmed the specifics. I believe it is still up for debate internally, but given that he's looking at 300 for the landing alone, they may just say when and cut it loose. It's not like people can be on 3 characters at once or anything.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 0zymandius View Post
    I just dislike, personally, the notion that shops could be hoarded and resold by profiteers.
    Agreed, but I would want the solution to not be harmful too. Enough to go around usually hobbles profiteering, which comes out when supply is short, and supply has been very short. That's why I'm hoping that they would consider just opening more shops (and maybe reducing the reclamation timer) before adding significant restrictions on ownership.

8. Default

I agree with many of the points made here.

On the hoarding matter, a simple solution is a scaling rent cost per shop owned. Own one , regular rent. Own two, triple regular rent on both shops. Own three? triple the triple rent across all shops.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchSenex View Post
    Retser has not confirmed the specifics. I believe it is still up for debate internally, but given that he's looking at 300 for the landing alone, they may just say when and cut it loose. It's not like people can be on 3 characters at once or anything.
    300? the landing has roughly 200 shops, and only like 98 are closed.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    300? the landing has roughly 200 shops, and only like 98 are closed.
    Apologies, misread the numbers.

At any rate, even just 100 is still what... 5+ times the number sold on the PC in a year? And Solhaven/Icemule aren't that far, people who REALLY want shops will consider those