Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Playershops: Phase 1 Updates

And why the fuck will this take longer than 1 minute to code?

Did F2P use 50 dollar playershop access token? Yes? -> Unlock Playershops.
    Last edited by hello; 05-17-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    And why the fuck will this take longer than 1 minute to code?

Did F2P use 50 dollar playershop access token? Yes? -> Unlock Playershops.
    Not sure if you didn't read, or are being deliberately ignorant.
    Actually, as per usual I am sure it's both.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    Not sure if you didn't read, or are being deliberately ignorant.
    Actually, as per usual I am sure it's both.
    Dude, stop trolling me. You've been hounding me through several threads now. It's like I'm your adventuring guild task or something. Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    Arguably... that was a more aggressive shittier response than his response.
    Absolutely it was. It was a shitty way to treat me for simply asking a question and sharing my own reasons for asking said question. I'm nice until I'm not. Then I'm really not.

And, based on your explanation, it still sounds like you're trying to circumvent the subscription by moving items onto the F2P to sell, or by having the subscription account be a partner and the F2P being the owner to persist a store beyond subscription. Definitely seems like gaming the... game.
    Not in the least. I'm only taking a break for a few months and didn't want to miss the opportunity to be able to own a shop. I would have transferred said shop to my sub as soon as I re-subbed. Although I can see how that could be taken advantage of. And I take serious offense to your comment. I've never done one single underhanded thing to anyone on these boards or in game, but after one comment you're accusing me of mechanics abuse?

There's also an assumption that this is the best use of GM's development time
    I never made any such point. I simply asked the damn question of whether F2P could own shops. Ltlprprincess answered and I was fine with that. I didn't argue the point that they should. I didn't get upset about it. I accepted it as fact and mentioned that I'd just sub when it came time for the shops to come out.

Then you and Nocturnix get on your high horses for me even bothering to ask the question.

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    Dude, stop trolling me. You've been hounding me through several threads now. It's like I'm your adventuring guild task or something. Stop.
    Awww, poor baby. If you could stop being a fucking idiot I would probably stop calling you a fucking idiot.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    Absolutely it was. It was a shitty way to treat me for simply asking a question and sharing my own reasons for asking said question. I'm nice until I'm not. Then I'm really not.

Not in the least. I'm only taking a break for a few months and didn't want to miss the opportunity to be able to own a shop. I would have transferred said shop to my sub as soon as I re-subbed. Although I can see how that could be taken advantage of. And I take serious offense to your comment. I've never done one single underhanded thing to anyone on these boards or in game, but after one comment you're accusing me of mechanics abuse?

I never made any such point. I simply asked the damn question of whether F2P could own shops. Ltlprprincess answered and I was fine with that. I didn't argue the point that they should. I didn't get upset about it. I accepted it as fact and mentioned that I'd just sub when it came time for the shops to come out.

Then you and Nocturnix get on your high horses for me even bothering to ask the question.
    I'm not even going to honor your rambling, insult-laden replies with a line item response as you have. I will just say - this thread was about playershops not why you are f2p. My point about not caring was about the personal reasons you listed about why you are f2p. This is a thread about playershop updates. Your ramblings and ensuing insults I dont really care for. Not trying to be an ass, just blunt. Not only that but, like it or not, in the gaming world f2p players are "second class" citizens. It has nothing to do with you, or them or their lives or personalities, or skin color. It has to do with one thing: f2p players earn less money, on average, for the game. More money earned for the Simu, in theory, means more development time and more cool new features ALL players can enjoy. Developers have to prioritize their time so they have to start somewhere. And that means f2p concerns usually are far down that list.

That said, has there been discussions of more updates to playershops? Would be curious what else they might change. It's really great to see alot of these old systems get some love.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 05-17-2017 at 09:57 AM.

I don't think F2P accounts will be allowed to own playershops.

Requiring a paid subscription means that the shop may eventually turn over to a new player. If it could be tied to a F2P account, they will never turn over and we'll be right back to where we were during the 10 year rent freeze.

Personally, they should go one step further: Premium accounts should get first chance at owning any available shop. (1 per account) And only if and when a premium subscriber has had a chance to own any available shop, should it be available to a standard account.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SashaFierce View Post
    Personally, they should go one step further: Premium accounts should get first chance at owning any available shop. (1 per account) And only if and when a premium subscriber has had a chance to own any available shop, should it be available to a standard account.
    I'd really love shops to be account bound, and alts on the same account to be auto-partnered... that would be a huge quality of life enhancement.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SashaFierce View Post
    I don't think F2P accounts will be allowed to own playershops.

Requiring a paid subscription means that the shop may eventually turn over to a new player. If it could be tied to a F2P account, they will never turn over and we'll be right back to where we were during the 10 year rent freeze.

Yah i think the more incentives and benefits for premium subscribers the better, I'm thinking in terms of simu earning money and having more money to reinvest in making cool shit like DR/REIM, and all the great updates theyve been doing lately.

I'd really love shops to be account bound, and alts on the same account to be auto-partnered... that would be a huge quality of life enhancement.
    Definately like the idea of account bound. Auto-partner, sure but it should be like a silent partner. Basically just shop access, can add/remove items and get notifications.

The cool thing about the partner system now is you can have friends or other players as partners. But auto-partnering your alts could discourage or negate that cool "social interaction" side of it.