Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Playershops: Phase 1 Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    You aren't stirring shit, you are attempting to derail the thread. It's about player shops updates.
    Yes and in order to get a playershop you need citizenry which there is no f2p pass for.

Evidently, DragonRealms sells citizen passes in their f2p store. I wonder why there is such a wide gulf between the games in their approach to f2p?

Blog Entries

I was looking at the GSwiki and nothing explicitly says f2p can't have citizenship but maybe I missed it

Blog Entries

because they don't want f2p to get citizenship, and dont want them to get shops. Why should F2P be entitled to get access to that?

Why would WE want Simu to spend the time to code for what happens if you have a shop, your citizenship pass expires, and you had a shop? It's a logistical nightmare, and not worth it in time/energy to code versus potential cash gained from the 1 sale of a citizenship pass and subsequent headaches with assists when the shop gets pulled.

WTF are F2P going to sell anyway with no access to artisan skills, enchanting, ensorcelling, etc? It's a non-issue.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    because they don't want f2p to get citizenship, and dont want them to get shops. Why should F2P be entitled to get access to that?

Why would WE want Simu to spend the time to code for what happens if you have a shop, your citizenship pass expires, and you had a shop? It's a logistical nightmare, and not worth it in time/energy to code versus potential cash gained from the 1 sale of a citizenship pass and subsequent headaches with assists when the shop gets pulled.

WTF are F2P going to sell anyway with no access to artisan skills, enchanting, ensorcelling, etc? It's a non-issue.
    All of which they need passes for. What do they get? Ass tons of money, you've heard of money right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    All of which they need passes for. What do they get? Ass tons of money, you've heard of money right?
    They should just invest in Gemstone Real Estate.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    Whether it's valid or not, I have a very specific reason for being only F2P right now...

edit: nevermind, it apparently doesn't matter why
    Last edited by Viekn; 05-17-2017 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    Whether it's valid or not, I have a very specific reason for being only F2P right now. I work in a commission only job that requires a lot of hours to be successful, even while at home. If I'm subbed, I feel the need to play a certain amount per week so I'm not wasting my $15. If I'm F2P, I can play for an hour or two per week and then drop it completely for a few weeks and not feel like I'm wasting anything, cause I'm not subbed. So I put my subbed account on hold for awhile so I could focus on work more. When I am subbed though, I'm a fairly active merchant. I am a wizard who can easily enchant and have a fair amount of silvers to find good deals for resale later on. Having a shop has been something I've always wanted and could definitely make use of, but I never wanted to pay the 30+ mil to own one. Now that shops are being fixed, I have an opportunity to own one that I don't want to pass up. So I was wondering if my F2P could get a shop when the new ones are released that I could at least make some use of so as not to waste it, until I subbed again and could then make better use of it with my subbed account.

That's why I was asking.
    People like this apparently don't exist in Simu's super genius statistical quantum mechanics calculations of how their playerbase accesses their game. SUB or DIE! SUB or DIE!

Whether it's valid or not, I have a very specific reason for being only F2P right now. I work in a commission only job that requires a lot of hours to be successful, even while at home. If I'm subbed, I feel the need to play a certain amount per week so I'm not wasting my $15. If I'm F2P, I can play for an hour or two per week and then drop it completely for a few weeks and not feel like I'm wasting anything, cause I'm not subbed. So I put my subbed account on hold for awhile so I could focus on work more. When I am subbed though, I'm a fairly active merchant. I am a wizard who can easily enchant and have a fair amount of silvers to find good deals for resale later on. Having a shop has been something I've always wanted and could definitely make use of, but I never wanted to pay the 30+ mil to own one. Now that shops are being fixed, I have an opportunity to own one that I don't want to pass up. So I was wondering if my F2P could get a shop when the new ones are released that I could at least make some use of so as not to waste it, until I subbed again and could then make better use of it with my subbed account.

That's why I was asking.

Sorry no offense but - no one cares.

And thanks again for derailing the thread with this nonsense.

What Whirlin said. Would be complete waste of resources to code support for F2P players to have a shop.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Sorry no offense but - no one cares.

And thanks again for derailing the thread with this nonsense.

What Whirlin said. Would be complete waste of resources to code support for F2P players to have a shop.
    I didn't ask for anyone to care. Since I was the one who initially asked the F2P question, I was responding to Whirlin's remark about why an F2P might be interested in a shop. And in case you didn't notice, the thread is about player shops and my question was directly related to it.
    Last edited by Viekn; 05-17-2017 at 10:10 AM. Reason: took out the vulgarity, apologies for the overly aggressive response.

Blog Entries

I didn't ask for anyone to care you arrogant fuck. Since I was the one who initially asked the F2P question, I was responding to Whirlin's remark about why an F2P might be interested in a shop. And in case you didn't notice, the thread is about player shops and my question was directly related to it. Please do us all a favor and fuck off for another couple of years. I'm one of the nicer more respectful people on this forum, but when you start treating me like shit, you can literally go fuck your own face. And why do you care about the thread so much? Did you start it? No. Are you a forum moderator? No.
    Arguably... that was a more aggressive shittier response than his response.

And, based on your explanation, it still sounds like you're trying to circumvent the subscription by moving items onto the F2P to sell, or by having the subscription account be a partner and the F2P being the owner to persist a store beyond subscription. Definitely seems like gaming the... game.

There's also an assumption that this is the best use of GM's development time, and that no other projects are going to be money makers, which I think is an erroneous assumption, especially because Retser is in charge of Reim and Reim enhancements... and they make a decent chunk of change on Reim, so quality of life there is likely a larger market and would see a higher return than the handful of F2P citizenship purchases. And that's just one thing he's responsible for! Who knows what else is coming out of Retser's super twisted, amazing mind.