Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50 is my own personal new Cap.

Default 50 is my own personal new Cap.

Disclaimer: This is NOT a troll thread. This is NOT a grief thread. This is NOT let's derail this guy's thread. This is a serious opinion based thread that I'm exploring. Everything contained in here is just my opinion. I'm not advocating changes (since there are none) but just wondering what everyone thinks.

After a lot of thought, I've decided that 50 will be my new cap. I can fairly reasonably kill my rate of advancement by cutting off certain items from the F2P store thus I can make artifical level caps toward higher levels. But hear me out and my reasoning.

#1 Time versus gain. For most classes (at least the ones I play) support by the game effectively stops at level 50. That's when we get most of our capstone spells, that's when a lot of (non-crazy) builds reach maturity. I can get a good feel for the class and enjoy the vast bulk of skills/spells by the time I hit 50.

#2 Critters. After, scrolling through the critter list the vast bulk of the critters seem to be 50ish and under.

#3 Loot. I really haven't been noticing much of a difference between a capped character's loot generation and where I am. It's probably a bit more, but I'm banking 200k an hour and it seems like a lot.

#4 Population. Everyone seems to be around this level, I don't know for sure though since I don't hang in OTF too much.

#5 Time and Negative economies of scale. The EXP post 50 is.. insane. The hill I've climbed is but a small lump compared to the Mt. Everest I have to climb to get to cap. Roughly 2.5 mil for 50 and double that for cap.

So, what does everyone think? Stop characters at 50 and work on other characters? Will I really be having any more fun at cap?
    Last edited by Whirlin; 05-14-2017 at 07:03 AM.

2. Default

Just do whatever makes you happy.

The title is a bit misleading. People hit their own caps at various points, some for decades. It really all depends on your play style. If you are having an awesome time at 50 then XP grinding isn't really needed. But the biggest thing here is that by pulling all Simucon boosts you are intentionally gimping your character, which you can undo at any time, which you could always do at any point. As bunny said, do what makes you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    Hey bud, why are you always on my case? Seriously, stop being mean and you might actually have friends in-game instead of everyone in Twilight hall talking naughty things behind your back.

Crass as it may be, the point is solid. Do what makes YOU happy, because nobody else cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    Crass as it may be, the point is solid. Do what makes YOU happy, because nobody else cares.
    It's not because I'm asking if I'm right on this from people who went through the entire circuit. It's like do you agree or disagree why or why not?

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    Hey bud, why are you always on my case?
    You are a raging hemorrhoid on the asshole of both GS4 and society as a whole.

Seriously, stop being mean and you might actually have friends in-game instead of everyone in Twilight hall talking naughty things behind your back.

Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Blog Entries

Hey bud, why are you always on my case? Seriously, stop being mean and you might actually have friends in-game instead of everyone in Twilight hall talking naughty things behind your back.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.