Thread: Uservars not saving

Default Uservars not saving

So starting to drive myself a little crazy with trying to fix this.. My uservars are not saving. When I change a setting in Bigshot or Sloot which is saved in the uservars the values are not saving on logout. I log out and back in and they are back to what they were before. I set a value manually with ;vars set test=findme. ;vars list shows the value, log out, log in and ;vars list does not show the value. In sloot for a new char I fill out all the settings. The checkboxs I set for what to loot, what to sell and my overflow container are saved since they aren't stored in the uservars. I think they are stored under script_auto_settings in the lich.db3? The lootsack, herbsack and such are not saved as they are saved in uservars. Looks like when I trust a script that setting is being saved as it's in the trusted_script table in lich.db3.

I have tried renaming lich.db3 to .old and letting lich create a new db3. I have tried renaming my lich folder to _old and redownloaded lich. I have deleted ruby, reinstalled ruby and let lich redownload sqlite3 and gtk. Nothing seems to work. The vars are still not saved on log out.

Has anyone seen this before? Is there something I am missing? Is there a way to increase the logging for lich's debug files?

I've tested multiple characters, accounts and computers... Not working on any of them. Either it's something tied to my accounts or lich is broke. Anyone mind trying to change one of their vars, log out and back in to see if it saves? You can either do something like ;vars set test=test, ;vars list, quit, log back in, ;vars list and see if it's there or try changing a value in bigshot, save, log out, log in and check bigshot to see if it's changed. I might be loosing my mind at this point but reinstalling everything and trying my two laptops and work computer makes me think there's a possibility it's not just me.

Guess it's just me? FML..

Make sure another copy of ruby is not running in the background

Only one instance of Ruby installed and being used. Just got done doing a reset in Windows 10. So nothing installed now. Got lich and ruby freshly installed. Still won't save variables.. I think I give up.. Goodbye world..

So I played around with lich.rbw. I added a bunch of echo commands throughout the Vars module to see what was being run and what wasn't. I found that when I use ;e Vars.save it will run the def in the Vars module on line 9610,

module Vars
    def Vars.save
    end
    end

Since it's blank the save never actually runs. It never actually gets to the def on line 2365,

def Vars.save
    @@save.call
    end

I have no clue why it's not loading that definition. As a work around I add @@save.call to the line def on 9610 and then disabled the lich update in the repository script. Working now. No clue yet why this is broken for me. Think I'm going to leave my workaround in place for now and pull the rest of my hair out another day.