Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Brawling / UAC Cleric

What maneuver are they getting you with? If it's the "fall to your knees and cry in RT maneuver" then you just need to fight them in Offensive stance, or, at the very least, advancing. Also, don't kill yourself with favor. It takes a long time, and Pookas aren't your best...it gets easier with Miners/Illistim Undead/RR Citadel or if you're able to do a daily REIM.
    Last edited by Erous; 08-02-2017 at 03:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Rotting corpses in varunar are a solid option. High AS but easy to stance dance. They have about a 12-14 second RT. Can get 2-4 punchs in. Roaters are rare there and easy to run from and corpses have zero tricks, just straight AS.

They are 32
    Last edited by Orthin; 08-02-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    What maneuver are they getting you with? If it's the "fall to your knees and cry in RT maneuver" then you just need to fight them in Offensive stance, or, at the very least, advancing. Also, don't kill yourself with favor. It takes a long time, and Pookas aren't your best...it gets easier with Miners/Illistim Undead/RR Citadel or if you're able to do a daily REIM.
    Pookas get me with the 'kneel stunned' maneuver about once per hunt. I do hunt in offensive, but I use ;combo, and it goes defensive when it gets done killing its target. Since pookas swarm pretty good, that's normally when I get nailed.

I've been working out the kinks on running him with my wizard along for the ride, then I'm going to start doing the REIM runs again. In the interim, though, I'm just eschewing other hunting grounds in favor of undead as much as humanly possible. Though I'll say... it'll be nice when I graduate to a hunting ground with decent treasure. I'm averaging 18.5k per hunt, pretty consistently. When I use my bard (level 39), I get 3-4 times as much, and he doesn't skin things. I know pookas are notoriously poor, but I'm skipping Elder Tree Spirits (because the hell with that), and there isn't anything else quite in my level range that I'm aware of off the top of my head. REIM loot is horrifically bad, so that's not even a good option.

I'd love to hunt Gargoyles, but they're non-undead, magic resistant, and fall on you. For a cleric/wizard team, that seems like a great way to die a lot while not accumulating favor. Fenghai in Solhaven are decent, but they have Tree Spirits running around, too. For now I'm staying the course, but looking forward to the day when I can get at least somewhat better treasure.
    Follow along on Twitter @GSIVOubar

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    Rotting corpses in varunar are a solid option. High AS but easy to stance dance. They have about a 12-14 second RT. Can get 2-4 punchs in. Roaters are rare there and easy to run from and corpses have zero tricks, just straight AS.

They are 32
    Ooooh... maybe I'll give these a try. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 0zymandius View Post
    I can get at least somewhat better treasure.
    The best treasure you'll get leveling Voln is from River's Rest citadel and Illistim Yegharren Plain/Black Moor.

After the umpteenth bounty for the Abandoned Farm in Icemule (which I find myself really loath to leave for a variety of reasons) I decided last night to give it a whirl. And... this could work. At least for now. Tree Spirits are pretty squishy, and 301 helps a lot to keep them from murdelating us. Farmhands swarm and can't really touch either of my guys. I'm cautiously going to stick it out here for a few days and see how I fare, but it seems like it could work.

And the treasure is pretty damn good....

Quote Originally Posted by 0zymandius View Post
    After the umpteenth bounty for the Abandoned Farm in Icemule (which I find myself really loath to leave for a variety of reasons) I decided last night to give it a whirl. And... this could work. At least for now. Tree Spirits are pretty squishy, and 301 helps a lot to keep them from murdelating us. Farmhands swarm and can't really touch either of my guys. I'm cautiously going to stick it out here for a few days and see how I fare, but it seems like it could work.
    That was one of my favorite areas, but if your experience is anything like mine, then enjoy it while it lasts before you start getting endless Frozen Bramble bounties. That place drove me out of Icemule real fast.

I'd love to hunt Gargoyles, but they're non-undead, magic resistant, and fall on you. For a cleric/wizard team, that seems like a great way to die a lot while not accumulating favor.
    Gargoyles are so bad at dodging attacks that you can aim for the legs even with only Combat Maneuvers and no Ambush. Actually, my THW warmage even goes after them with no Combat Maneuvers, though the only reason that makes any sense at all is 2 second RT making up for all the failed opportunities to strike. And gargoyles can't fall on you if they're already down when they die, so at least with your UAC cleric I wouldn't imagine it being a concern since UAC is so likely to get knockdowns. (If UAC works, anyway. It works on most stone creatures, but not stone sentinels... I don't know about gargoyles.)