Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 86

Thread: Free Platinum 30 day trial

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    A Corporate Republic
    Posts
    10,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    One suggestion that I'd like to make for platinum is the ability to get more information about an item without a Bard present. This seems somewhat gamebreaking being that you can't really tell whether or not you have something good, especially at lower levels where potential enhancives may not activate until you're older. In prime, there's Bard's a plenty, but I feel the lack of knowing what you have makes it difficult to ensure you're not throwing something good away.

    Who's to say I didn't pick up an uber strength ring at 7, only to activate at 10. Unless I'm missing the draw about this, but maybe enhancing the AI crystal, or allowing the purchase of a loresong.
    Just play prime.

  2. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Just play prime.
    ha, well I do. I enjoy platinum more, I just wish I had a way of knowing what items I have or don't have. I could level a bard, but doesn't that take away from the platinum expectations of building a storyline behind your character?

  3. #73

    Default

    I tend to use the pawnshop as my gauge. I'm sure I've missed some things, but in general if it's worth more than 35k or has an enchanters mark I will spend some time investigating.
    ~ Peppwyn

  4. #74

    Default

    What are you trying to find out? And are you following all these steps?

    http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Properties_Guide

  5. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    One suggestion that I'd like to make for platinum is the ability to get more information about an item without a Bard present. This seems somewhat gamebreaking being that you can't really tell whether or not you have something good, especially at lower levels where potential enhancives may not activate until you're older. In prime, there's Bard's a plenty, but I feel the lack of knowing what you have makes it difficult to ensure you're not throwing something good away.

    Who's to say I didn't pick up an uber strength ring at 7, only to activate at 10. Unless I'm missing the draw about this, but maybe enhancing the AI crystal, or allowing the purchase of a loresong.
    The nature of the beast sadly, and as you know, the best method when something like this comes around is to stash the items in a locker until you can find a bard.

    Although I think right now Plat only has 1 or 2 main bards, so that causes an issue sometimes..

  6. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    The nature of the beast sadly, and as you know, the best method when something like this comes around is to stash the items in a locker until you can find a bard.

    Although I think right now Plat only has 1 or 2 main bards, so that causes an issue sometimes..
    Yeah, lack of spells and lack of loresong is a PITA, but plat keeps drawing us in. I think it's just the atmosphere, it's quiet, and the people are overtly friendly. Not to mention, platinum portals are the greatest thing ever created in the history of ever creating things.

  7. Default

    The new main character I made on Plat is a Bard - so perhaps she can help out in a few more levels.

    She's currently closing in on L9. Doubt she'd be able to help out very much until closer to title, though.

    I found a unique boxfound lockpick on the character the other day and tried Loresinging to it, though only managed to struggle past the 1st verse. (And I seem to find a lot of unique boxfound lockpicks - I've only found 3-4 unique boxfounds in my entire GS career and half of them have been lockpicks. Heh.)

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    663
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The GS says plat gets 16 prime toons and a million plat toons. So if I have my premie and I upgrade it all my primes will stay I just choose which servers to go in? Because if I can still play both I don't see why I wouldn't sign up having premium

  9. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    The GS says plat gets 16 prime toons and a million plat toons. So if I have my premie and I upgrade it all my primes will stay I just choose which servers to go in? Because if I can still play both I don't see why I wouldn't sign up having premium
    Plat is only a mere $10 more than Premium.

    If you are already Premium, and sign up for Plat. You will then gain access to Platinum, which is a different server in itself.

    You will keep all your prime stuff, but have to roll a character over in Plat.

    Plat is slightly different than Prime in a few ways, so I suggest reading up on it in the wiki and such. We also get larger monthly simucoin rewards, along with the option to create custom pre and post name titles for your character when you hits certain levels etc.

    The biggest issue is people don't want to leave prime, which is understandbly so, and some people dislike the small population in Plat...But when you think of it, alot of prime players are script running bots anyhow, so it's not that bad. You just have to force yourself to socialize even more in Plat, and with portal access to every town, it's practically instant teleportation to anywhere you wanna go or hunt

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    663
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Yeah I think I am going to sub up to plat and give it a go. What will be nice is for times I want to power grind it should be easy with a small community but the perk of wen I want to socialize I also can. I am thinking warpath for the built in utility and socialization through healing folks but then can turn around and grind it out with a maul should I need to. And I'll keep my wizard on prime when I want a change of pace.

    Besides an empath, what does the plat community "need" from lowbies? Was thinking of also doing bard/locksmith build for added community involvement or wizard because I am already familiar with them.

    Radio Edit: Patiently waiting 2-3 business days to get on that JAM!
    Last edited by Orthin; 05-29-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •