Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Free Platinum 30 day trial

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hips View Post
    If Issalya is online, feel free to send a thought her way for spells. I'm almost always willing to provide wizard ones, since it's much preferable to people dying. As far as empaths, toss out a thought on the amunet too. If someone is around they should chime in to let you know where they're healing.

As far as dying- announce where you're heading to hunt before you do, and we'll do our best to provide a rescue. Or if you're on lich, mentioned you died in whatever room number, and someone should come for you. We try our hardest to make sure that no one decays.
    Good to know!

I think my baby Bard is only now just reaching L5, so haven't really pushed her into anything super dangerous as of yet. I just fear getting over confident and/orr forgetting that she's not spelled to the gills as per usual and then get splatted.

Don't have Lich, but will try to remember to toss a thought out on the amunet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hips View Post
    If Issalya is online, feel free to send a thought her way for spells. I'm almost always willing to provide wizard ones, since it's much preferable to people dying. As far as empaths, toss out a thought on the amunet too. If someone is around they should chime in to let you know where they're healing.

As far as dying- announce where you're heading to hunt before you do, and we'll do our best to provide a rescue. Or if you're on lich, mentioned you died in whatever room number, and someone should come for you. We try our hardest to make sure that no one decays.
    Heh, that is a mistake I made coming from prime. I was under 10, so no big deal, decay! Oh yeah... Droppage.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

3. Default

I miss plat a lot i am just doing well in prime almost 95 now. Would be hard to go back to plat. If the amount of people stays higher i might

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I had that same experience once, haha. There was a GALD merchant in TSC and there was nobody else there. She asked if I wanted anything done, and I was all "Well, I don't really have anything" and she said it was free... But I thanked her and just moved on with my Sprite quest.
    I nearly walked away, myself, but instead just scrambled to pick out 2 of my bits of starter clothes to alter. For once in my life I was super unprepared for a merchant and did not have a design ready for one of them - merchant was great and made me a simple design. I at least managed to squeeze out an idea for the 2nd item, though it's not the best.

One less day wearing those ugly starter clothes.

I swear I always seem to get the exact same set that I dislike on my new alts - the yellow/gold and blue one with the felt hat and leggings.

There are one or two of the starter sets that aren't too bad, at least, but I rarely get them.

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    I miss plat a lot i am just doing well in prime almost 95 now. Would be hard to go back to plat. If the amount of people stays higher i might
    It's very hard to go back, especially for someone like yourself with all the ties in Prime.

I did go back, and have been enjoying it since.

The last time I played was 10+ years ago.....I definitely run into some people every night, so it doesn't feel super lonely if you go out your way to run into folks.

I'd say the average pop during peak is 20ish, somewhat lower depending

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
    Which one?
    Right now, if trail accounts log off and in, it for some reason thinks they don't have a premium account.

The biggest thing I've noticed is it's affecting people with coins in the FWI bank.

I've had 300k in the bank on FWI for example...Logged out, shortly would log back in and get a silly message plus all my coins from the bank would be on my person again.

I know I'm not the only one who encountered this, and it has been documented by them to a GM

I played platinum way back in the day and quit due to droppage. Had some decent alterables that I got during my platinum runs and totally forgot about the droppage piece. Think we'll be making a comeback and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    I played platinum way back in the day and quit due to droppage. Had some decent alterables that I got during my platinum runs and totally forgot about the droppage piece. Think we'll be making a comeback and check it out.
    Hurray! If you see Issalya around, I'm always willing to help out with wizard spells if wanted.

We have some fun stuff coming up this week-- on Thursday Moltin and Nageara are playing Moltin's wheel game with the masses and you could win alters/tattoos/etc., and then Conquest Wheel on Saturday.
    (OOC) Boring's player whispers, "Wow you have a lot of gowns."

Come try a free 30 day trial of Platinum!

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    The good thing now is you only drop things if you decay

Everything else is pretty similar with some old faces gone and newer faces taking over.

Plat isn't nearly as cancerous as it used to be. Some people still stick to hiding and some are more cliquish than others but it's the same in prime too.

One suggestion that I'd like to make for platinum is the ability to get more information about an item without a Bard present. This seems somewhat gamebreaking being that you can't really tell whether or not you have something good, especially at lower levels where potential enhancives may not activate until you're older. In prime, there's Bard's a plenty, but I feel the lack of knowing what you have makes it difficult to ensure you're not throwing something good away.

Who's to say I didn't pick up an uber strength ring at 7, only to activate at 10. Unless I'm missing the draw about this, but maybe enhancing the AI crystal, or allowing the purchase of a loresong.