Thread: Lich & Third Party Client / Command Line

1. Default Lich & Third Party Client / Command Line

Reposting this in the correct sub-folder, as I sleepily placed it in the wrong place last night.

I am attempting to connect to Lich using a third-party client. It is GMA Games' VIP MUD, a client for visually impaired/blind players.

Taken from the other post, I understand the gist of how to try to accomplish this:
    "
    The gist of it is you need to launch lich with these arguments: --without-frontend --detachable-client=8000

Then with whatever client you're using to connect, you would connect to "localhost" or 127.0.0.1 for the server, using port 8000"

I've installed Ruby 2.0 32-bit and Lich latest version.

The GTK point-click interface is inaccessible to a screen reader, which I had expected but it's a bit disappointing all the same. (This is likely due to either the GUI not being setup for keyboard-only access or something is blocking the screen reader's access to the MSAA information for each element. I hit the tab key and get no screen reader input as to what the element I might be focused on is - so either it's not focusing with the keyboard or the screen reader has no way of knowing what the element is.)

I was hoping to choose to login via the Simutronics website. However, with no access to the Lich GUI, I'm not sure if this is possible to setup using command line arguments.

I'm going to check out the Lich wiki but not sure if there may be anything there.

Any insight on this?

2. Default

So. Lich.rbw --help doesn't seem to do anything to list potential command line arguments.

Is there another way, besides through the GUI, to set up the Lich login process, considering I'll have to run it through the command line with the detached client argument?

I don't think there's an official non-gui way to setup your saved characters credentials for login. but once you use the GUI the first time to save your characters for quick login you can launch lich in detached mode for that character with:

ruby lich.rbw --login <character name> --without-frontend --detachable-client=<port>

I do this on linux btw, it should work (in theory) on windows, osx, etc. but your mileage may vary.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!