Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Parasitic Weapons Info

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    How did you go about bonding? Did you pray every time it was up and use it in battle, or did you clench and raise repeatedly?

I'm been stowing mine so curious if clenching makes the bond move quickly.
    I would stow mine and re-summon it.

It doesn't take long at all, but keep in mind there is a daily cap on how much blood it gets.

At first it was bugged but Rhet fixed it, so now it actually works.

Once you reach the total needed blood for each tier, then I'd just pray to tier up.

Rinse and repeat with the cap, you don't even need to hunt with them to bond them

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I would stow mine and re-summon it.

It doesn't take long at all, but keep in mind there is a daily cap on how much blood it gets.

At first it was bugged but Rhet fixed it, so now it actually works.

Once you reach the total needed blood for each tier, then I'd just pray to tier up.

Rinse and repeat with the cap, you don't even need to hunt with them to bond them
    Yeah that's how I did it. It takes 20 days at max blood every day to fully bond.

Perfect, thanks folks!

Another question about this weapon since it's so damned awesome....the flares seem mechanical, I'm assuming, being that I can bond to it and proc pally flares...so with ensorcell, 2x guiding light procs and tentacle snaps, you could be hitting 4 procs in 1 swing. What additional services can be added to the weapon, if any, that would allow it to retain its current luster? Or, does the existence of the tentacle flares negate any others?

Curious if say, bubble flares could be added, in addition to tentacle, guiding light...or something similar.
    Last edited by Erous; 06-15-2017 at 08:44 AM.

So you'll definitely get guiding light flares. That means quadruple flares with ensorcelling. Having said that, the script slot is taken, so the only services allowed are those that take up the special properties slot- weighting, standard flares,etc. Last I spoke to Retser, he hadn't yet made these compatible with RotFlares or lesser moods (but was open to the former at least)

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So you'll definitely get guiding light flares. That means quadruple flares with ensorcelling. Having said that, the script slot is taken, so the only services allowed are those that take up the special properties slot- weighting, standard flares,etc. Last I spoke to Retser, he hadn't yet made these compatible with RotFlares or lesser moods (but was open to the former at least)
    Yeah I figured as such, not that it's a bad thing but more of a balance thing

Hmm, can they take banes?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Haliste
    This script has also been approved for the L/D notes.

~ Haliste ~
    The Forest Gnome of Silverwood Manor
    ASGM, Events

Omrii: Okay, thanks Haliste. You're way better than Wyrom.

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...rena/view/8178

Meaning you can now use lightening notes (not deepening) on parasyte weapons.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

9. Default

I have a fully unlocked maul from the most recent DR. Anyone else seeing issues with the Triggered Parasitic Bond feature? The original poster's info is not quite right (or it may have changed since 2017, not sure), but at Affinity level 4, the Triggered Parasitic Bond is unlocked. The activation for it is RAISE WEAPON, not KISS. KISS is used at later Affinity levels. When I activate the feature I see this:

raise maul
    You hold your misty silver maul up to eye level as you draw upon its power. A dark, deep voice enters your mind, "... and so we strike together." A spiral of tentacles burst forth from the center of your misty silver maul, their tips violently thrashing, eager to find purchase.
    Roundtime: 3 sec.

Which looks cool, but the subsequent strikes do nothing or at least show nothing. No returned healing if I'm missing HP or extra damage that I can see. Maybe I'm not executing the follow up strike properly, but I am not sure what would be the verb to use it since it's not listed in the analysis of the maul:

The creator has also provided the following information:
    PARASITIC WEAPONS
    Verb Host Item Weapon
    RAISE Summons Weapon
    CLENCH Returns Weapon
    PROD ON/OFF Blood Flares
    PRAY Finish Host Bond Increases Affinity if you are ready
    PUNCH UnAttunes
    Unlocked Verbs
    PUSH Fluff Fluff
    PULL Fluff Fluff
    PROD Turns ON/OFF Ambient
    POINT Fluff Fluff
    RUB Fluff Fluff
    RAISE Parasitic Bond
    HUG Fluff Fluff
    KISS Perfect Host

Unlocked Abilities
    Parasitic Bond: Drains target creature's health based on damage dealt.
    Cooldown: 10 minutes.
    Verb: Raise
    Blood Flares: Damages target at the cost of own health.
    Verb: Prod to turn ON/OFF.

General Information
    Tier: 3 Affinity Level: 4
    Total Blood Bound: 13294 Daily Blood Cap: 2048/5000
    24 Hour Blood Tracker: 4 hours and 2 minutes Triggered Parasitic Bond: Ready
    Innate Parasitic Bond: Locked Perfect Host: Locked
    Current Heartbeat Timer: 2 minutes until your misty silver maul needs an infusion of your blood with PRAY.

Customization
    Tentacle Color: silver Accent Color: gold
    Custom Article: a Custom Adjective: misty silver
    Custom Noun: maul
    Custom Long: a crystallized massive misty silver maul etched with gold tentacles
    Custom Show: None.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can tell that the maul is as light as it can get.

Thanks for any ideas.

Valdarrow

i've noticed that also but haven't had a chance to try to figure out what the deal is. Someone asked in discord recentlyish (like september, lol) and didn't get an answer. bug item / ping retser on discord maybe (i was going to try after the ny)
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!