Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Storylines

1. Default Storylines

I have been playing for about a year and due to my work schedule I am NEVER available for Storylines. I sing songs in public areas, use the mychar verb to send my characters actions to GM's and GH's and I have never, not once ever received an RPA. My character stays in character all the time except for the occasional typo, and I also have a VERY in depth character background, most of which has been played through or at the very least discussed with other characters in an IC format. What recourse do players like me have to receive RP benefits?

I am getting tired of all of the people I talk to telling me they are using RPA's and half of them don't even have a decent RP or background for their character.

Khylynnia
    Aelotian Bardess in the Landing

if you're playing for the RPAs, you might want to re-evaluate your motives. Generally though you should have someone nominate you for an RPA before you start RPing.
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

Blog Entries

RP for the fun of RPing. You'll get noticed eventually. Sucks about your hours, but that is just the nature of the beast.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allereli View Post
    if you're playing for the RPAs, you might want to re-evaluate your motives. Generally though you should have someone nominate you for an RPA before you start RPing.
    +1

5. Default

It is, but it shouldn't be. Players who have the same time schedule as I do are essentially left out of the whole story development, there should be more times other than MIDNIGHT EST to run storylines.

I DO RP for the fun of it, but like I said, during Storylines, RPA's are basically handed out like candy just because someone showed up, but players like me and a lot of others who put a LOT of time and effort into are essentially left out in the wind UNLESS a GM just happens to be watching at that moment.

6. Default

Perhaps I wasn't clear...I am NOT playing for the RPA's. I play because I love the game and I LOVE to RP. My problem is that with Storylines being at a locked in time, I am essentially screwed out of a possible bonus while those who are AT storylines are almost guaranteed that bonus, even if they only say "hello".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Khylynnia View Post
    I have been playing for about a year and due to my work schedule I am NEVER available for Storylines. I sing songs in public areas, use the mychar verb to send my characters actions to GM's and GH's and I have never, not once ever received an RPA. My character stays in character all the time except for the occasional typo, and I also have a VERY in depth character background, most of which has been played through or at the very least discussed with other characters in an IC format. What recourse do players like me have to receive RP benefits?

I am getting tired of all of the people I talk to telling me they are using RPA's and half of them don't even have a decent RP or background for their character.

Khylynnia
    Don't forget about CHE/MHO events if you aren't playing at a time to catch storylines. It's a great way to interact with a lot of people who will likely share interests similar to your own.

http://obsidiantower.com/che-mho-events/
    Last edited by Fallen; 04-13-2017 at 07:45 PM. Reason: The link is for all MHO/CHE stuff, not just Tower events.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

8. Default

Khylynnia
    I have to agree with Allereli and Gelston. If the reason you do everything is for the sole purpose of the RPA, it's for the wrong reasons. Sometimes, timing is off. Sometimes, it is just right. My first RPA was a few a months after I'd just started playing GS, and it was because the person I was hunting with at the time decided to AFK without telling me. I jigglypuffed him and apparently made someone "upstairs" laugh. Sometimes it's little interactions like these that work, and sometimes they don't.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

Yeah honestly if that is the end goal then save yourself a lot of frustration and get yourself a handful of RPA orbs! Then can just pretend you won them

I have been playing for about a year and due to my work schedule I am NEVER available for Storylines.

What recourse do players like me have to receive RP benefits?

What recourse do players like me have to receive RP benefits
    I'm generally never able to be around for storylines either. For whatever a lot of storylines, not all, are run by west coast GM's. During my 3 years that I've been back, I've probably gotten 3-4. I agree it's not fair, but the benefits of RP are that it makes the game more fun. RPA's are just a little bonus you get every once in awhile. I've attended several storyline events and while it's definitely possible to get an RPA out of them, they can also be kind of boring. Generally if it's a group of like 25-30 people at the event, 15-20 of them are there just to show up to see if they get an RPA, and the other 5-10 are actually participating. Sometimes it's a lot of just listening to what someone is saying, and maybe chiming in with what your character thinks or has an idea, etc. There are smaller player run RP situations/storylines that are much more fun to be a part of. For the bigger storyline stuff, I'm usually just sitting at my computer wondering why the fuck aren't I out just hunting instead. Just my two cents.