Thread: another stats inquiry

1. Default another stats inquiry

so, these are my stats (used the numbers from tsalim's post with slight adjustment) , im lvl 18, and hunt normally with another puff, but she tends to absorb much better than I do which i know is due to my lacking disc but i dont know where to take points from, any comments, suggestions, etc appreciated. looking for something set more for mid levels since i dont see myself hitting 100 anytime soon, dont mind having to buy a few fixstats along the way to play catch up but now realizing i've been working harder than I could/should have to lvl up

Level 0 Stats Elf Empath

Strength (STR): 93
    Constitution (CON): 83
    Dexterity (DEX): 80
    Agility (AGI): 70
    Discipline (DIS): 38
    Aura (AUR): 62
    Logic (LOG): 66
    Intuition (INT): 39
    Wisdom (WIS): 65
    Influence (INF): 64

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
    another puff

3. Default

Your lacking exp absorb is from logic, not discipline. Discipline and logic together make up your total EXP pool (800 + LOG + DIS), but it's your logic bonus that determines your exp per pulse.

Regardless, as an Empath, where you're lacking is mental stats. At a glance without looking up the exact GIs for Elf Empath, it looks like you may have placed for stat growth. Depending on your preferred training between pure and swinging, you might consider giving a bit more weight to the mental stats for ease of training and overall useful amount of TPs along the way.

There's a lot of subjectivity and personal preference involved in the decision, as well as factors such as your overall playstyle preference.

4. Default

yep yep... another puff, my puff, and their puff, 1 puff + 1 puff = 2 puffs

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Regardless, as an Empath, where you're lacking is mental stats. At a glance without looking up the exact GIs for Elf Empath, it looks like you may have placed for stat growth.
    yeah when i rolled the character i went with what tsalim's guide listed, then realized that probably isn't what was used from the start, especially when hunting with another elven empath that seems to take longer to fry but mind seems to clear much faster than mine, just not sure what to back down on as far as stats to move over to logic

6. Default

yeah when i rolled the character i went with what tsalim's guide listed, then realized that probably isn't what was used from the start, especially when hunting with another elven empath that seems to take longer to fry but mind seems to clear much faster than mine, just not sure what to back down on as far as stats to move over to logic
    Just did some basic math for Elf. Regardless of your training plan choices, you can get a few points available here:

Con at 82 instead of 83 still hits 100 by cap.
    Strength at 88 instead of 93 still hits 100 by cap.

That's 6 easy stat points right there. Personally, being more worried about training ease than stat max at cap, I'd place those straight into logic. I might also choose to take an additional 10 off of strength and con and put those extra 20 into logic as well, even if I were a swinger. Still leads to a fairly decent carrying capacity, and you'll still be able to hit things well if you're a swinging empath.

Agility and dexterity are moderate weak points in Elf Empath GI, but of the two, dexterity's GI is better. You can gain 10 points there by starting that at 70 instead of 80, and it'll still be 98 by cap.

By far your best GIs are in Wisdom and Influence. Unfortunately, they are also primary stats for CS and training points for you respectively. If you are a swinging empath, you can lower them a bit and they still have plenty of room to hit 100 by cap, but if you intend to be pure, your current placement is about as low as I would dare for ease of training.

Intuition is less useful for Empaths. For ease of training, so long as you're putting the points you recover from it in either discipline or another mental stat, you can dump that down all the way to 20 or so. It won't hit 100 by cap, but you can free up points to spend elsewhere for training ease. Namely things like logic, discipline, wisdom.

yep yep... another puff, my puff, and their puff, 1 puff + 1 puff = 2 puffs

8. Default

thanks much

yeah I swing THW, i rarely cast except for buffing myself and healing others when there arent any other empaths around. Not worried much about stats at cap, as I don't see myself getting there anytime soon, if ever, as long as I'm not taking away from staying alive or swinging as quick as I can