Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know much about Duskruin

Default Don't know much about Duskruin

This event looks good but I don't know much about it. What I'm looking at is items that have been for sale and their bloodscrip prices and it brings up some questions.

1) How do you get bloodscrip? Digging, maybe fighting in the arena (this one has the pit fighting thing right?), direct from simu with simucoin purchase?

2) I was excited to see that I can get my Voln armor up to tier 4, but dismayed by the price. It looks like this service could be 135,000 scrip. If I'm looking at this correctly that is something like $1200.00 real world dollars? I am missing something? Is that about correct?

3) Preparing for duskruin should I be buying silvers or saving cash to buy bloodscrip?

Any other general tips or advice is appreciated.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    This event looks good but I don't know much about it. What I'm looking at is items that have been for sale and their bloodscrip prices and it brings up some questions.

1) How do you get bloodscrip? Digging, maybe fighting in the arena (this one has the pit fighting thing right?), direct from simu with simucoin purchase?

2) I was excited to see that I can get my Voln armor up to tier 4, but dismayed by the price. It looks like this service could be 135,000 scrip. If I'm looking at this correctly that is something like $1200.00 real world dollars? I am missing something? Is that about correct?

3) Preparing for duskruin should I be buying silvers or saving cash to buy bloodscrip?

It's a lot of fun, short of EG, the one event I really look forward to. If you are powerful and can kill things fast, the arena will yield a bit more BS and have perhaps slughtly better incidental loot. The incidental and jackpot loots have been getting worse in quality compared to subsequent DRs, so beware about that. Otherwise, it should be a blast like always.

Bloodscrip is found through the arena and in the sewers (digging is a different part of duskruin) you can get up to 250bs per arena fight or around 100 per sewer. In the sewer you can also get neat items and such, You get one item with the bs at the arena. People will be buying simucoins and selling the books. Just depends if you want to use your silvers or cash to buy the bs or the simucons.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post

Where did you find prices for the next run?

I didn't. I was looking at the wiki on past runs.

Am I correct in my rough estimation of exchange rate? 100k bs is about $1000.00?

Blog Entries

Beldannon hit most of the points. Arena is a gauntlet of 25 critters. Every 5 critters is a 'boss', and are typically immune to normal crit deaths. Some classes/builds are better suited for the Arena than others. Arena also grants XP up to Saturated, and bloodscrip/random treasure hopper drop for winning.

You can also spectate people the arena, and cheer at them and such... It's fun.

A benchmark on bloodscrip's market rate is around 1m silvers for 1k bloodscrip (1k:1), with some substantial variation throughout the duration of the event. Orb entries are approximately 90k-100k per entry into either the sewers or arena. So You can break even on the sewers, and you can walk away with a profit if you're able to sweep the Arena consistently.

There are usually a fairly large quantity of people selling entries packets for silvers, so look on lnet for a 50-entry, which can typically run you from 4.5-5m. Arena slips and sewer token can be used interchangeably for entry into either location

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Blog Entries

BS prices are super high due to inflation.

The items from the sewers are mostly trash but sometimes you luck out. If they're doing another uber item puzzle game beware of that because the last few times there were only a couple keystones released.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Something really important to inform the new players interested in market value.

One of the most valued "jackpot" reward from the Sewers is the "Reticulated Golvern Segment". This item can be worth 20-35m depending on the number that are found. I recommend you not sell immediately, unless you need the cash immediately. DR runs tend to push the value of this item a bit lower due to the large number of players in the sewers. Please don't sell this for 1m silvers because you will create too much drama, and the PC will explode.

Additionally, there is a special bloodrune (yet to be announced), which is generally in the "hopper" of the sewers. This special bloodrune can sell for between 25m and 50m depending on what it does and how many are located.

The most valued "jackpot" reward from the Arena is the "Four-ringed Metal Pendant" (right?). This item is generally worth between 15m-20m. Again, there will be a lot of people running the arena, so there will probably be a good number found.

Here is a link to what all of these items, when combined, creates - Moon-Filled pendant.

Wyrom also alluded to a new customization option of the pendants that would be available in the "next" DR. No word on what that will be yet, but it could also produce more value from the random prizes depending on how it's offered.

Aside from the glamour pendants mentioned, many items you find in the sewers and as rewards for the arena are enhancive. These can be valuable if you get the right combination of enhancives. There have also been a decent number of enchanted claidhmores found during the arena (I believe the best so far was a Vaalorn (+18) Claidhmore). Also, limited release items for bloodscrip can prove to be valuable investments.
    Last edited by Maerit; 04-05-2017 at 10:56 AM.

10. Default

Interesting, I thought they ceased high enchant claidhmore drops in the sewers after the first DR?