Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Chemical Attack in Syria

@SethAbramson

BREAKING (CNN): Trump is at this hour trying to convince the military to put U.S. soldiers in harm's way in a "sustained assault" on Syria—even as the Defense Department is pushing back hard on the idea. There can be little doubt they know this is just a ploy to distract America.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You would be the one that thinks the use of WMDs on civilians doesn't warrant any response.
    Does it warrant a unilateral response from the US? This needs to be brought before the UN and the security council.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Does it warrant a unilateral response from the US? This needs to be brought before the UN and the security council.
    Russia will block anything from the UN.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Sounds like inspectors are going in.

Malcolm Nance

@MalcolmNance

It’s 03:11 Zulu/GMT+2. If a strike is not underway & ordnance impacting by 11 pm then it’s not going to happen until Sun/next week ... if ever. Reports of Mattis playing adult @ WH meeting means likely they’ll wait for OPCW tomorrow to inspect. Beware of Crazy override button.

@MalcolmNance

OPCW means Organization on the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons

Kaitlan Collins

Verified account

@kaitlancollins

5 minutes ago

More
    Press pool in Lima with Vice President Pence is rushing back to the hotel unexpectedly. White House is telling the press pool that’s here in Washington to gather.
    Is something going down right now?

You would be the one that thinks the use of WMDs on civilians doesn't warrant any response.
    A foreign power attacking the United States didn't warrant any response in the President's mind.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    A foreign power attacking the United States didn't warrant any response in the President's mind.
    I wasn't aware a foreign power hit the United States with chemical weapons. Please link this news article.

I wasn't aware a foreign power hit the United States with chemical weapons. Please link this news article.
    I get that this is your shtick now, but how are you as a soldier okay with this? Don't you still have friends on active duty? The President is sending them to their deaths because he can't stand bad publicity. That's it. He has spent the last year sending Syrian refugees back to get killed in this war, and now you believe he cares about them? Really? Really???
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Blog Entries

I get that this is your shtick now, but how are you as a soldier okay with this?
    WTF did you just call me?

Don't you still have friends on active duty?
    Every Marine I knew signed up for this shit. If we had a big ass war I'd reenlist right fucking now.

The President is sending them to their deaths because he can't stand bad publicity. That's it.
    No, he is doing it because a civilians are being murdered by chemical weapons. Also, he isn't sending anyone to their deaths. They are going to be doing the killing.

He has spent the last year sending Syrian refugees back to get killed in this war, and now you believe he cares about them? Really? Really???
    No, he didn't want them here without extreme vetting. He wanted other Arab countries to take them in. He didn't feel nations like Saudi Arabia were doing their part.
    Last edited by Gelston; 04-13-2018 at 09:08 PM.

A US official says President Trump has made a final decision on Syria after a week of deliberation. The President will address the nation tonight. Follow here for live updates:
    What are the odds the WH timed this for Friday evening?