Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 342

Thread: Chemical Attack in Syria

  1. #231

    Default

    And half of the country and half of the world are sitting around wondering if he did this specifically to change the headlines. Apparently he and Bolton both wanted to do something

    Maddow made a great point a little bit ago- it doesn't matter whether or not he's actually doing this to change the headlines. As long as there's any suspicion of it- this is a genuinely bad move. It looks terrible.

    They've used chemical weapons on their people over 50 times. Why did today need to be the response?
    Last edited by time4fun; 04-13-2018 at 09:20 PM.

  2. #232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    And half of the country and half of the world are sitting around wondering if he did this specifically to change the headlines. Apparently he and Bolton both wanted to do something

    Maddow made a great point a little bit ago- it doesn't matter whether or not he's actually doing this to change the headlines. As long as there's any suspicion of it- this is a genuinely bad move. It looks terrible.

    They've used chemical weapons on their people over 50 times. Why did today need to be the response?
    Because it's Friday night.

  3. #233
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    24,198
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    And half of the country and half of the world are sitting around wondering if he did this specifically to change the headlines. Apparently he and Bolton both wanted to do something

    Maddow made a great point a little bit ago- it doesn't matter whether or not he's actually doing this to change the headlines. As long as there's any suspicion of it- this is a genuinely bad move. It looks terrible.

    They've used chemical weapons on their people over 50 times. Why did today need to be the response?
    The majority of those were under a prior administration. there were 3 attacks within so many days after Trump took office. Trump hit them, they stopped until this year.

    Also of note, most of the other attacks have been Chlorine. The last time we hit them, in April of last year, they used Sarin.

    This last attack was Sarin, and we hit them.
    Last edited by Gelston; 04-13-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  4. #234
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    9,955
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Short of an all-out war, it'll change the headlines for.. a few days. Then more stuff will be released on the investigation or he'll do something retarded again and we'll be talking about that.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  5. #235

    Default

    Syrian TV reporting that Syrians have launched counter attacks. Wonder if this is a Baghdad Bob situation.

  6. #236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The majority of those were under a prior administration. there were 3 attacks within so many days after Trump took office. Trump hit them, they stopped until this year.
    As a reminder- just days ago he was adamant that we had to pull every soldier out of Syria. And it needed to happen in 48 hours.

    Then he was threatening to bomb Russia on Twitter- and none of his own staff had any idea he was going to say that.

    And tonight- in one of the absolute worst news cycles he's ever had (And THAT'S saying something) he's suddenly arguing that we should have a sustained attack on Syria.

    So our two most likely explanations are: he's starting wars to save his own hide, or he's a pathologically impulsive and dangerously ignorant man who has missiles at his disposal.

    I find neither of those comforting.
    Last edited by time4fun; 04-13-2018 at 09:33 PM.

  7. #237

    Default

    Pentagon briefing in 30 minutes.

  8. #238
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    24,198
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    As a reminder- just days ago he was adamant that we had to pull every soldier out of Syria. And it needed to happen in 48 hours.

    Then he was threatening to bomb Russia

    And tonight- in one of the absolute worst news cycles he's ever had (And THAT'S saying something) he's suddenly arguing that we should have a sustained attack on Syria.

    So our two most likely explanations are: he's starting wars to save his own hide, or he's a pathologically impulsive and dangerously ignorant man who has missiles at his disposal.
    He can still plan to pull out of Syria while sending in cruise missiles when Assad does retarded Sarin attacks. It almost seems like a Bill Clinton tactic.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  9. #239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    He can still plan to pull out of Syria while sending in cruise missiles when Assad does retarded Sarin attacks. It almost seems like a Bill Clinton tactic.
    Sure. But that's not the point, and you know it.

    He's not discussing this as an extension of- or addition to- that strategy. He dropped it and moved to a new one.

    And forgive me for not buying that he's concerned for the Syrian people given what he's done in regards to Syrian refugees trying to enter the US to flee this war.

  10. #240
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    24,198
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Sure. But that's not the point, and you know it.

    He's not discussing this as an extension of- or addition to- that strategy. He dropped it and moved to a new one.

    And forgive me for not buying that he's concerned for the Syrian people given what he's done in regards to Syrian refugees trying to enter the US to flee this war.
    Yes, he only ever does anything at all to change the news headline. There is never any other reason at all.

    I'm glad he was also able to get the UK and France to help him change the headlines too.
    Last edited by Gelston; 04-13-2018 at 09:37 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •