Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Trump Will Totally Fix North Korea

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    With his threat this morning to pull federal assistance from Puerto Rico, Trump sent a strong warning to Kim Jong-un. The warning was that if he's willing to do that to American citizens who cannot vote, then he's not concerned about collateral damage to civilians in North and South Korea.

The thing is I can't really be mad at him at a personal level because he reminds me so much of my grandpa. He's 89 years old, lived through WW2, just shy of being drafted but has that WW2 generation "can-do" spirit. Just crushes open that Ipad box I got him for Christmas: mumble grumble "I can do this myself! I know what I'm doing! just sit down pansy man!"

It's endearing when you look at his shaking hands and frail form struggling even to turn on the damn thing, you tear up and you just want to hold him and say, "Yes you can grandpa! Yes you can!"

Sobering comments from Sen. Graham:

JOHN DICKERSON: North Korea. Where are we with North Korea right now?

SENATOR LINDSEY GRAHAM: We're getting close to military conflict because North Korea is marching toward marrying up the technology of an ICBM with the nuclear weapon on top that cannot only get to America, but deliver the weapon. We're running out of time. McMaster said that yesterday. I'm going to urge the Pentagon not to send any more dependents to South Korea. South Korea should be unaccompanied tour. It's crazy to send spouses and children to South Korea, given the provocation in North Korea. So, I want them to stop sending dependents. And I think it's now time to start moving American dependents out of the South Korea."

JOHN DICKERSON: How close? You say we're getting close to military confrontation. What's-- what-- what are we talking about here?

SENATOR LINDSEY GRAHAM: The intelligence community can tell you that better than I can. But I had extensive discussion with the administration about this topic. The policy of the Trump administration is to deny North Korea the capability to hit America with a nuclear-tipped missile. Not to contain it. Denial means pre-emptive war as a last resort. That preemption is becoming more likely as their technology matures. Every missile test, every underground test of a nuclear weapon means the marriage is more likely. I think we're really running out of time. The Chinese are trying, but ineffectively. If there's an underground nuclear test then you need to get ready for a very serious response by United States.

More...

Thanks Bill Clinton.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    The thing is I can't really be mad at him at a personal level because he reminds me so much of my grandpa. He's 89 years old, lived through WW2, just shy of being drafted but has that WW2 generation "can-do" spirit. Just crushes open that Ipad box I got him for Christmas: mumble grumble "I can do this myself! I know what I'm doing! just sit down pansy man!"

It's endearing when you look at his shaking hands and frail form struggling even to turn on the damn thing, you tear up and you just want to hold him and say, "Yes you can grandpa! Yes you can!"
    All I got out of that was that even your grandfather refers to you as "pansy man".

I'm not surprised.

At all.