Page 903 of 1664 FirstFirst ... 40380385389390190290390490591395310031403 ... LastLast
Results 9,021 to 9,030 of 16632

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Nice save. I'm sure FlayedAngel appreciates the back peddle.
    I’m not back peddling at all. My post was an answer to Methais, and the usage of “unleashed by the Chinese govt”, not anyone else’s argument. Nice try though.
    Tgo, i understand you have an ego, and you think everything involves you. It doesn’t.
    Methais understands that, and I’m sure everyone else but you, also understands that. Cause you know, I quoted his post and referenced specifically “unleashed power” which he responded to.
    Last edited by Solkern; 08-03-2020 at 03:00 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    I’m not back peddling at all. My post was an answer to Methais, and the usage of “unleashed by the Chinese govt”, not anyone else’s argument. Nice try though.
    Tgo, i understand you have an ego, and you think everything involves you. It doesn’t.
    Methais understands that, and I’m sure everyone else but you, also understands that. Cause you know, I quoted his post and referenced specifically “unleashed power” which he responded to.
    I didn't use the word "unleashed" before your most recent reply though...to which your response acted like I'm saying "China" being responsible includes every Chinese citizen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Let me try again in a way where you can't parse every syllable...is China responsible for the plague that's happening worldwide right now?

Yes and no. That’s like saying is The Republic of Congo responsible for Ebola? Simply originating from a country does that mean that country is responsible for it especially when it deals with wildlife.

Going back is China responsible for this pandemic? I believe they are partly to blame. They could have taken measures to control the outbreak better. But based on reports, this was spreading out of China before they even knew about it. Also there hasn’t been any hard evidence that it originated in that food market.
    It's a pretty simple yes or no question, but let's try this another way:

Which country is responsible for COVID-19 existing?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I didn't use the word "unleashed" before your most recent reply though...to which your response acted like I'm saying "China" being responsible includes every Chinese citizen as well.

It's a pretty simple yes or no question, but let's try this another way:

Which country is responsible for COVID-19 existing?
    I don’t go and back read every page, your post with unleashed was on the last page at the time when I replied. I actually take the time to read your post, and reply to them.
    But it’s not a simple or yes or no question
    A simple yes or no question would be “did the virus originate in China?” That would be a yes.
    Is China responsible? Like I said, partly and it depends on what you mean by “China”
    Before you said the Chinese government, which I said partly, now you are removing that key part?
    Also going back to your original post I responded to, “unleashed” has a undertone of done on purpose or with intent. Which is what I also disagreed with.
    Going from did the Chinese government unleash a plague on the world?
    To is China responsible for the COVID-19?, aren’t really the same now, are they?

In my opinion, WHO is more responsible for the spread of the virus than China, for various reasons which I’m sure you know about.
    Last edited by Solkern; 08-03-2020 at 04:36 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Yes there is because she then goes on to say these same people celebrated the closure of church services, gatherings, and businesses, something a communist regime would do. You don't have to like the fact that she pointed these things out and made a connection, but it's there.
    Sure -- I don't agree with the connection, but to be fair, from a neutral perspective it's not much less tenuous than what I explained... so I'll give you that one.

Which again has nothing at all to do with race.
    Agree or disagree, I proceeded to explain the connections and stated that while it's not overtly or directly racist, it does support and play into a racist narrative -- while I agree that these associations are extremely slight when taken as an isolated occurrence, I certainly wouldn't say this has nothing to do with race, and my primary point was that the assertions don't exist in a vacuum.

So you're one of those people who thinks it's somehow racist to refer to the Wuhan virus as the Wuhan virus, even though China themselves referred to it as the Wuhan virus, the media and politicians all over the world referred to it as the Wuhan virus. Never mind the fact that viruses and diseases are often named after the region in which they originated. None of that matters! Democrats have decided to take up China's talking points in insisting it's racist to refer to the Wuhan virus as the Wuhan virus. Got it.

Some Democrats sure do love to try and control people. Just look at you go.
    I explained why it was in bad taste -- I wouldn't refer to it the "Wuhan virus" personally because I believe that doing so plays into aforementioned fears, but I don't particularly care what you call it. Calling it the "Wuhan" virus does have some weak etymological precedence and is less overtly offensive than "Chinese" virus, I'll give you that... but if you still don't see the point in not calling it that, then I'm not going to continue to hit you over the head with it.

And what the fuck does the Democratic party have to do with this... or are you contractually obligated to mention Democrats in every other sentence?
    Last edited by FlayedAngel; 08-03-2020 at 07:15 PM.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FlayedAngel View Post
    Sure -- I don't agree with the connection, but to be fair, from a neutral perspective it's not much less tenuous than what I explained... so I'll give you that one.

Agree or disagree, I proceeded to explain the connections and stated that while it's not overtly or directly racist, it does support and play into a racist narrative -- while I agree that these associations are extremely slight when taken as an isolated occurrence, I certainly wouldn't say this has nothing to do with race, and my primary point was that the assertions don't exist in a vacuum.

I explained why it was in bad taste -- I wouldn't refer to it the "Wuhan virus" personally because I believe that plays into aforementioned fears, but I don't particularly care what you call it. Calling it the "Wuhan" virus does have some weak etymological precedence and is less overtly offensive than "Chinese" virus, I'll give you that... but if you still don't see the point in not calling it that, then I'm not going to continue to hit you over the head with it.

And what the fuck does the Democratic party have to do with this... or are you contractually obligated to mention Democrats in every other sentence?
    That meme has literally zro to do with race or racist overtones. You could make the case that it loosely touches on bigotry but that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Was coronavirus not unleashed on the world, regardless of if accidental or on purpose, by a communist government though?

Still not seeing how this = meme with "racist overtones," even after reading your walls of text and massively broad definitions of "race" after this post.
    I don't believe the novel coronavirus was "unleashed" deliberately or accidentally, no... and nothing that I've seen has conclusively demonstrated that to be the case, even though such is a persistent conspiracy theory.

However, I wouldn't argue against the fact that the Chinese government handled it extremely poorly because of a lack of concrete information at the time.

That was absolutely a wall of text, so TL:DR -- it's not sooper srs bsns racist, with or without any additional context, but that framing has often been used to promote racist thinking for political reasons. Even I'll agree that's a thin connection, but I don't think it's without any substance or precedence, and I was asked to elaborate. Do whatever you want with that info, including nothing.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    --Order of the Shadow--

Nice save. I'm sure FlayedAngel appreciates the back peddle.
    Solkern was responding to a specific statement, not sure how that convo got so far off the rails.
    --Order of the Shadow--

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    That meme has literally zro to do with race or racist overtones. You could make the case that it loosely touches on bigotry but that's about it.
    You could make a lot of cases against it, that wasn't really my point -- you don't have to agree.

I objected far more to the specious nature of the argument than that aspect, thus placing "racist" in a parenthetical in my original response, but I wasn't asked to elaborate on that part... then the convo went off on a wild tangent and pictures of Backlash Jr. came into it somehow, heh.
    --Order of the Shadow--

Quote Originally Posted by FlayedAngel View Post
    Solkern was responding to a specific statement, not sure how that convo got so far off the rails.
    He’s so desperate for victories, he’s willing to link anything to his narrative.
    The idiot award goes to…

An hour later:

In my opinion, WHO is more responsible for the spread of the virus than China, for various reasons which I’m sure you know about.
    I can agree with that. Fuck the WHO. Except for the band. They're still cool.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible