Page 643 of 1639 FirstFirst ... 1435435936336416426436446456536937431143 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,430 of 16389

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I'm curious why Scalia is on there. He was 85 on the list.

What did he do that was so bad? I don't know much about SCOTUS justices other than who they are.
    It's literally just a list of people America has heard of from the news in the last 20 years, sprinkled in with the actual historic horrible names you can't not know. And those are for the most part in random order, or below the American news names because they were the names most people had heard.

Leopold II is barely even on the list for example because nobody remembers who the fuck he is. Osama Bin Laden, big asshole, yes. Claimed an attack that killed 3000 people. Clearly more horrible than Pol Pot, who starved, executed, or worked to death 2 million people over the course of five years.

Last edited by Methais; 05-09-2019 at 10:56 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

A Chicago Cubs fan who appeared to flash a "white power" hand gesture behind a black sports reporter while he was on air has been banned from Wrigley Field.

The Cubs sweatshirt-wearing fan's face couldn't be seen during the Tuesday NBC Sports broadcast of the Cubs' home game against the Miami Marlins. But his hand, which appeared in a frame behind analyst Doug Glanville, was positioned in the “OK" hand gesture, often associated with the white supremacist movement.

The fan, who has not been identified, was "indefinitely" banned from Wrigley Field for violating the Chicago Cubs Guest Code of Conduct, the team's president of business operations, Crane Kenney, said in a statement Wednesday.

"If he attempts to enter Wrigley Field or other ticketed areas he may be subject to prosecution for criminal trespass to property," the statement said.

Kenney said earlier Wednesday that the club was investigating the incident "because no one should be subjected to this type of offensive behavior."

"Such ignorant and repulsive behavior is not tolerated at Wrigley Field," Kenney said.

Kevin Cross, the senior vice president of NBC Sports Chicago said the network was "disappointed by the incident that took place on our air ... one that was at the expense of our colleague Doug Glanville."

"We find the behavior of this fan reprehensible and clearly does not represent the great Cubs fans of our city and those around the country," Cross said.

Glanville thanked NBC Sports and the Chicago Cubs organization for launching an investigation. "They have displayed sensitivity as to how the implications of this would affect me as a person of color," he said in a statement.

The "OK" hand gesture only recently emerged as a "white power" symbol.

That new meaning stems from a hoax by members of the website 4chan to "falsely promote the gesture as a hate symbol, claiming that the gesture represented the letters 'wp,' for 'white power,' according to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL).

The hoaxers hoped "the media and liberals would overreact by condemning a common image as white supremacist," the ADL says.

But "by 2019, at least some white supremacists seem to have abandoned the ironic or satiric intent behind the original trolling campaign and used the symbol as a sincere expression of white supremacy," according to the ADL.

The ADL cautions that because the sign once had only an innocuous meaning, "particular care must be taken not to jump to conclusions about the intent behind someone who has used the gesture."
    I know what you're thinking "This is from The Onion right?" While it certainly sounds like it, it's actually an article from NBC News, so this really happened.

tl;dr A white fan flashed the okay hand gesture behind a black reporter on TV and the fan has been banned from Wrigley Field forever and threatened with prosecution if he ever steps foot on their property again. They even censored out the hand symbol so as not to offend anyone who might see the okay symbol and feel oppressed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/...ymbol-n1003681

They even launched an investigation into this, yes they are literally investigating someone who flashed the okay hand gesture. The black reporter then thanked them for investigating this because they realize the "implication" of this and how it would affect him as a person of color.

The best part is the article even recognizes that the whole okay hand gesture = white power symbol was just a trolling attempt by 4Chan to see if liberals would overreact and condemn a common hand gesture as being a white supremacist hand gesture. And here we are. Liberals overreacting by banning a fan for life and censoring the gesture because it's supposedly a white supremacist gesture.

This is how you know things are relatively good in the world; people finding offense in the the most innocuous of things.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I know what you're thinking "This is from The Onion right?" While it certainly sounds like it, it's actually an article from NBC News, so this really happened.

tl;dr A white fan flashed the okay hand gesture behind a black reporter on TV and the fan has been banned from Wrigley Field forever and threatened with prosecution if he ever steps foot on their property again. They even censored out the hand symbol so as not to offend anyone who might see the okay symbol and feel oppressed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/...ymbol-n1003681

They even launched an investigation into this, yes they are literally investigating someone who flashed the okay hand gesture. The black reporter then thanked them for investigating this because they realize the "implication" of this and how it would affect him as a person of color.

The best part is the article even recognizes that the whole okay hand gesture = white power symbol was just a trolling attempt by 4Chan to see if liberals would overreact and condemn a common hand gesture as being a white supremacist hand gesture. And here we are. Liberals overreacting by banning a fan for life and censoring the gesture because it's supposedly a white supremacist gesture.

This is how you know things are relatively good in the world; people finding offense in the the most innocuous of things.
    Might not just be liberals overreacting.. it's just as many conservatives who get upset by liberals calling them racists that they over compensate.

It's retarded.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Might not just be liberals overreacting.. it's just as many conservatives who get upset by liberals calling them racists that they over compensate.

It's retarded.
    The only way to fight back is to flash the okay hand gesture as much as possible in daily life.

Okay Power!

The only way to fight back is to flash the okay hand gesture as much as possible in daily life.

Okay Power!
    Also, the thumbs up "signal".

I'm going to use both in all my daily activities starting now.

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Cortez is now saying her "12 years until the world ends" fear mongering was just "sarcasm" and that "you’d have to have the social intelligence of a sea sponge to think it’s literal."

That's weird because she claimed scientists said that. Not only that she had plenty of Democrats following her lead and repeating that figure, even presidential candidates. Democrats also routinely mocked Republicans when they called into question her 12 year doomsday estimate, so I guess those Democrats are equally as dumb for thinking the estimate was real and bashing Republicans for saying it wasn't real? Is she suggesting she and even presidential candidates are engaging in discussions about something as serious as the world ending because of climate change and using sarcasm to push her policy proposals?

It's doubly weird because just a couple of days ago she was saying Biden's moderate approach to climate change was a deal breaker for her because our children's lives are at risk. Was that also sarcasm?

Cortez is now saying her "12 years until the world ends" fear mongering was just "sarcasm" and that "you’d have to have the social intelligence of a sea sponge to think it’s literal."

That's weird because she claimed scientists said that. Not only that she had plenty of Democrats following her lead and repeating that figure, even presidential candidates. Democrats also routinely mocked Republicans when they called into question her 12 year doomsday estimate, so I guess those Democrats are equally as dumb for thinking the estimate was real and bashing Republicans for saying it wasn't real? Is she suggesting she and even presidential candidates are engaging in discussions about something as serious as the world ending because of climate change and using sarcasm to push her policy proposals?

It's doubly weird because just a couple of days ago she was saying Biden's moderate approach to climate change was a deal breaker for her because our children's lives are at risk. Was that also sarcasm?
    https://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...e-dont-address

Her comments are in reference to a United Nations-backed climate report, published late last year, that determined the effects of climate change to be irreversible and unavoidable if carbon emissions are not reined in over the next 12 years.
    I guess the UN was just being "sarcastic" too with this report. Glad to see Cortez admit this entire thing is just a laughing matter and not to be taken seriously.