Page 39 of 1658 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149891395391039 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    They aren't comparable, no matter how much you try. They just aren't.
    That's because you don't believe it's a human being. Just like a slave owner considered it's slaves to be no more than the equivalent of an oxen. To the abolitionist the slave was a human being, as much as you hate it, it's exactly the same thing.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    That's because you don't believe it's a human being. Just like a slave owner considered it's slaves to be no more than the equivalent of an oxen. To the abolitionist the slave was a human being, as much as you hate it, it's exactly the same thing.
    No its not comparable at all. What labor is the fetus told to do that it isn't getting paid for? Is the fetus being raped? No, its not a comparable analogy.

If you kill a caterpillar are you killing a butterfly? Or are you killing a caterpillar?
    Last edited by drauz; 06-02-2017 at 02:49 AM.

Blog Entries

No its not comparable at all. What labor is the fetus told to do that it isn't getting paid for? Is the fetus being raped? No, its not a comparable analogy.

If you kill a caterpillar are you killing a butterfly? Or are you killing a caterpillar?
    Now you are saying the child fresh out of the womb is able to perform labor? At this point you're arguing it's not a human being even after exiting the womb.

If you kill a child as soon as it leaves the womb are you killing a human? Or are you killing something that's not human? Or does some magic event take place the moment the child passes through the fleshy curtains?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Now you are saying the child fresh out of the womb is able to perform labor? At this point you're arguing it's not a human being even after exiting the womb.

If you kill a child as soon as it leaves the womb are you killing a human? Or are you killing something that's not human? Or does some magic event take place the moment the child passes through the fleshy curtains?
    At a certain point that fetus becomes viable whether the mother is alive or not. After that point I consider it a human being. You consider it a human when sperm hits egg. We aren't going to agree.

Ebviously knowing that slavery was an evil tool of convenience...how could you possibly not want to abolish abortion or are you still convinced it's not a human being?
    Your weird attempts to equate so many things to abortion never work, and it just makes you look...well, like a weird person who keeps bringing abortion up when nobody else was talking about it.

Blog Entries

At a certain point that fetus becomes viable whether the mother is alive or not. After that point I consider it a human being. You consider it a human when sperm hits egg. We aren't going to agree.
    You do understand your "certain point" becomes a smaller window as technology advances, right? This suggests your logic is flawed if we have been able to save the life of younger and younger pre-mature births over time.

We also have to ponder the question in the case of "test tube babies". Is this human alive, then dead when planted in the womb and then comes back to life again?

I did come by a bit of irony tonight as we have hashed this argument out once again, from the Harvard school of law:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...ights-n2333231

P.S. If you are missing the irony part, they are using the 14th amendment to make the case. It's exactly the same situation we faced with slavery.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

You do understand your "certain point" becomes a smaller window as technology advances, right? This suggests your logic is flawed if we have been able to save the life of younger and younger pre-mature births over time.

We also have to ponder the question in the case of "test tube babies". Is this human alive, then dead when planted in the womb and then comes back to life again?
    It can't survive outside a human body for extended periods of time, so no.

How is this a things that made you laugh thread?

Abortion is the same as slavery

Oh, there it is.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Blog Entries

Neveragain just went full retard.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I'm just going to stop responding to you, its not worth it to try to untwist what you say with every comment.
    Took you long enough.

He's been effectively trolling you since June 2011.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.