Page 362 of 1659 FirstFirst ... 2623123523603613623633643724124628621362 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 16584

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Blog Entries

Yeah, one of those jobs totally isn't more dangerous than the other.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Why do people keep ignoring the bell curve data?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Yeah, one of those jobs totally isn't more dangerous than the other.
    Reminds me of Bill Burr's comedy bit where he makes fun of people who say being a mother is the hardest job in the world.

Really? This is the hardest job in the world? Here I am thinking being a redhead and doing roof work in the middle of summer was a hard job, but here are mothers bending down and putting DVDs into DVD players. How do they do it?

Blog Entries

That isn't even close to Gender discrimination anyways. If the men in the Early childhood education were being paid more than the women, then sure, that is gender discrimination.

Report: Las Vegas professor shot himself in arm to protest Trump

A longtime College of Southern Nevada sociology professor is facing felony gun charges in connection with an on-campus shooting on the second day of classes.

Mark J. Bird was charged last month with discharging a gun within a prohibited structure, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit and possessing a dangerous weapon on school property, court records show. He was found bleeding from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his arm about 8:15 a.m. on Aug. 28 outside a bathroom in the Charleston campus K building.

Inside the bathroom, campus police found a $100 bill taped to a mirror along with a note that said, “For the janitor,” according to Bird’s arrest report. On the floor of the restroom was a black-and-white, .22-caliber pistol and one spent shell casing.

The sociology professor was hired Aug. 26, 1993, and was an emeritus faculty member at the time of the shooting, college spokesman Richard Lake said. Bird was not scheduled to teach any courses during the fall 2018 semester.

Bird was employed with the college as of Tuesday, although Lake said it was not clear what disciplinary actions, if any, would be taken against him.

A 911 call was made after several CSN employees and at least one student saw Bird stumble out of the bathroom, bleeding, before he collapsed, the report said. None of the witnesses — who later told police they only recalled hearing “a loud noise” — initially knew that Bird was armed and had shot himself, according to the report.

One college employee told police that he held Bird’s hand to calm him down as others tried to stop the bleeding. While waiting for authorities to arrive, Bird said he had shot himself in protest of President Donald Trump, police noted in their report. The report did not elaborate.

A campus-wide alert was sent about 9 a.m. the day of the shooting, deeming the scene safe and alerting students that the firearm had been recovered. Except for a short mention in the lengthy September edition of “The Chronicle,” the college president’s monthly newsletter emailed to staff, the college did not disclose any more details about the shooting.

The brief update was at the bottom of the newsletter and did not name Bird as the suspect. Federico Zaragoza, who in August was named the college’s ninth president, wrote at the end of his newsletter, “I appreciate all of the expressions of concern and interest, and I pledge to keep everyone updated should the situation change.”

On Tuesday, Robert Manis, president of the college’s faculty union, Nevada Faculty Alliance, told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that he has heard a number of rumors about the shooting in the last two weeks. He expressed concerns about the way the college handled the shooting and about its lack of transparency afterward.

“They never really told the students much about it except that it was resolved on the actual day of the shooting,” he said. “When you don’t give the full details, then rumors go crazy. It’s unfortunate because it made the students and faculty very afraid and allowed rumors to proliferate.”

Lake declined to comment further Tuesday, but he noted that college officials met with faculty and staff immediately after the shooting to provide support and to take suggestions.

Bird’s preliminary hearing is set for Sept. 17 in Las Vegas Justice Court.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/...protest-trump/

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

That isn't even close to Gender discrimination anyways. If the men in the Early childhood education were being paid more than the women, then sure, that is gender discrimination.
    The argument for when it's gender discrimination has changed.

First they looked at the average wages of all women regardless of experience and job and the average wages of all men regardless of experience and job and said it's gender discrimination because women get paid less. When people started pointing out that it's not discrimination because experience and job makes a difference their tactic changed. Now they look at professions that are dominated by men with high wages and compare them to a profession dominated by women with lower wages and say this proves discrimination.

But somehow they ignore professions that are dominated by women such as nurses that make a very good salary, or even professions such as HR managers or social workers who also make a good salary.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The argument for when it's gender discrimination has changed.

First they looked at the average wages of all women regardless of experience and job and the average wages of all men regardless of experience and job and said it's gender discrimination because women get paid less. When people started pointing out that it's not discrimination because experience and job makes a difference their tactic changed. Now they look at professions that are dominated by men with high wages and compare them to a profession dominated by women with lower wages and say this proves discrimination.

But somehow they ignore professions that are dominated by women such as nurses that make a very good salary, or even professions such as HR managers or social workers who also make a good salary.
    I've never understood one thing... More women than men are graduating college. Not by a small margin either, yet science fields are still dominated by men. Whose fault is that?

Whose fault is that?
    The white male patriarchy.

Confirmed Trump summoned Hurricane Florence.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-12-2018 at 04:39 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Is he a fucking RPG class, what the shit?