Page 331 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 2312813213293303313323333413814318311331 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 16728

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    So then the answer is yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    I don't understand what point you think you're making. It sounds like cwolf just had additional context on the situation that I didn't. You're making this out to be some big dramatic event for reasons that are really unclear.
    He wants us to disagree.

Yes, Gelston, I disagree with T4F because I do not think it was photoshopped.

Is that was this was about? Whether the picture was photoshopped or not? I mistakenly thought we were talking about the two opposite headlines one day apart from each other.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    He wants us to disagree.

Yes, Gelston, I disagree with T4F because I do not think it was photoshopped.

Is that was this was about? Whether the picture was photoshopped or not? I mistakenly thought we were talking about the two opposite headlines one day apart from each other.
    What a fucking incredible day. The first time ever. Celebrations shall fill the streets, streamers shall fill the skies, confetti shall fall from everywhere!
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

3. Default

I believe the thing I saw was about physical print, but I don't see why they wouldn't also do it with location based settings.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ws...ump-headlines/
    Yeah I wasn't thinking about physical publications. You're absolutely correct that it's an easy thing for them to do when it's real paper.

I assumed those pictures were of digital articles. And- like I said- they can absolutely target different regions with different headlines on social media platforms, but it costs money. It's not something they just automatically get to do for free. For the most part, if you're a publisher on a social media platform you leave geographic targeting to ads intended to drive subscriptions. You don't boost a regular article to target a specific geography because that article may flop.

So they'll post articles (and re-post with different framing), and then boost if one of them happens to start taking off on its own. Then it's seen as potentially a good investment.

This got overly complicated really fast.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    This got overly complicated really fast.
    Well at least no one blamed it on Russians.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Well at least no one blamed it on Russians.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Curse you!

[Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

[quote]Paul Welch came to the downtown protest Aug. 4 to let his political leanings be known.

With pride he clutched his U.S. flag as he moved among the crowd of like-thinking demonstrators.

Soon a group of black-clad anti-fascist protesters, also known as antifa, demanded he lose the flag, calling it a fascist symbol. Welch refused, and a tug-of-war ensued.

It ended with Welch taking a club to the back of the head, lying on the ground in a pool of his own blood.

Only Welch was not a Proud Boy, a Patriot Prayer supporter or among the other conservative activists who descended into the area that day, many from out of town.

He was one of hundreds of progressive Portlanders who had turned out to oppose the right-wing rally held at the Tom McCall Waterfront Park.

"I didn't come as a part of any one group," Welch said in an interview with The Oregonian/OregonLive. "I was just protesting outsiders coming here for their tacitly fascist event."

Anger following the demonstration has largely been directed at Portland police, whose use of "less-lethal" riot-control weapons on counter-protesters hospitalized at least three people and injured several others.

But others, like Welch, became targets of violence at the hands of protest participants, even as police kept rival political factions apart. A video taken of his attack has been viewed more than 800,000 times online.

Many have assumed the tussle over a U.S. flag placed Welch squarely in the right-wing camp.

Not so.

"I had felt like showing that a liberal, free Portland — or any major city, really — is much more American and much more numerous and strong than any of these interloping groups," he said.

A "slightly progressive leftist" by his telling, Welch is a registered Democrat in Oregon, voting records show. He cast his ballot for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 presidential primary and Hillary Clinton in the general election, he said.

The 38-year-old line cook is also no stranger to street protests in Portland. He said he attended the Women's March held during the weekend of Donald Trump's inauguration.

This summer, Welch, who works six days a week at a catering company, stopped by the Occupy ICE encampment on his days off to bring protesters water, toilet paper and sunblock, he said.

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...n_flag_to.html

gg Antifa

That guy is probably such a cuck he won't even go to the police or think any less of Antifa.