Page 1273 of 1658 FirstFirst ... 27377311731223126312711272127312741275128313231373 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,730 of 16577

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Twitter: 5% of our monetized users may be bots.
    Elon: Your numbers are wrong, I don't have proof.
    Twitter: We've already filed with the SEC, no.
    Elon: But I really really need proof for my eventual lawsuit to avoid paying contract severance damages.
    Twitter: We're not giving you free discovery based on your unsubstantiated claims.
    Conservative Players Corner: Wah, Elon Musk deserves information he's not entitled to. Wah
    It's obvious you've never made a large purchase in your entire life... otherwise you would know how fucking stupid you sound right now.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Right. Not disputing that at all.

I’m just saying that he might be (pure speculation) leveraging that point for ulterior motives to either renegotiate the sale price or back out of the deal entirely. The outlook on stocks is rather bearish with rising interest rates and our current economic situation. The share price of twitter has fallen significantly since he struck the deal at $54.20 per share.

Regardless…I’m curious to learn just how many bots really are on Twitter.
    Honestly, he might be. No idea.

I just don't believe a thing that anyone from Twitter claims.

If they admit to 5% bots.. it's probably more like 55%
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    This is closer to buying a house. They've accepted his offer, but aren't allowing in building inspectors before closing.
    That's not even remotely accurate a comparison because there's no right to inspection. No more aptly this is somebody who decided to buy a car, paid a large deposit and sign a contract and then heard a rumor that another make and model had an issue and then decided to claim the dealership was haunted as an excuse to get out of the sale.
    Last edited by Seran; 05-17-2022 at 09:40 PM.

He absolutely deserves that information seeing as the owners have agreed to sell it to him... Why in the world would you think he is not entitled to that?
    Because business transactions don't allow access to trade secrets, formulations, schematics, or copyrighted materials before the transaction goes through. It's a publicly traded company, and all of the required disclosures and financials are filed with the SEC. Musk is trying to make up a problem with no proof whatsoever
    Last edited by Seran; 05-17-2022 at 09:43 PM.

Musk is that kid who screams for six months to go on a Disney cruise and then melts down the moment board the ship because you can't prove sharks can't claim from the ocean and into the bath tub.

Blog Entries

That's not even remotely accurate a comparison because there's no right to inspection. No more aptly this is somebody who decided to buy a car, paid a large deposit and sign a contract and then heard a rumor that another make and model had an issue and then decided to claim the dealership was haunted as an excuse to get out of the sale.
    Imagine being this anti consumer.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Because business transactions don't allow access to trade secrets, formulations, schematics, or copyrighted materials before the transaction goes through. It's a publicly traded company, and all of the required disclosures and financials are filed with the SEC. Musk is trying to make up a problem with no proof whatsoever
    I suspect you wouldn’t know this, but there is a common document that two parties sign when discussing a business dealing of this nature. It’s called a mutual non-disclosure agreement.

I suspect you wouldn’t know this, but there is a common document that two parties sign when discussing a business dealing of this nature. It’s called a mutual non-disclosure agreement.
    Uh huh. One of the richest men in the world, infamous for his lack of filter and under multiple charges for posting shit online he shouldn't, you think any business has a vested interest in provide confidential business information to a guy trying to wriggle out of a contract? No. Nor do they owe him any sort of due diligence to investigate Musky's baseless claims.

Oh look, another one term MAGA Conservative. Guess this is what happens when you're a dick hole in office.

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — First-term U.S. Rep. Madison Cawthorn lost his Republican primary race Tuesday to state Sen. Chuck Edwards, after the pro-Donald Trump firebrand’s personal and political blunders translated into voter unhappiness.

Cawthorn called Edwards to concede the 11th Congressional District primary to Edwards, Cawthorn campaign spokesperson Luke Ball told The Associated Press. The AP later called the race for Edwards over Cawthorn and six other Republican candidates.

Haha, looks like the AP figured out the same thing the rest of us have.

Musk wars with Twitter over his buyout deal - on Twitter

Tesla CEO Elon Musk promised that taking over Twitter would enable him to rid the social media platform of its annoying “spam bots.” Now he’s arguing — without presenting any evidence — that there might be just too many of those automated accounts for the $44 billion deal to move ahead.

The sharp turnaround by the world’s richest man makes little sense except as a method to scuttle or renegotiate a deal that’s becoming increasingly costly for him, experts said. And while such hardball tactics aren’t uncommon in corporate mergers, the way this is playing out — in a highly public, seemingly erratic conversation on the very platform Musk wants to buy — has little precedent.

Which means that Musk is negotiating the future of Twitter ... on Twitter.

It’s increasingly clear that Musk realizes his offer was too high and is looking for a way “to potentially walk away or negotiate the price down,” said Brian Quinn, an associate law professor at Boston College.
    Early Tuesday, Musk tweeted that his deal to buy the company can’t “move forward” unless the company shows public proof that fewer than 5% of the accounts on the social media platform are fake or spam bots. That followed Musk’s Friday tweet that the deal was on hold pending more bot details — after which Twitter shares plunged by nearly 10% — and his Monday comments at a Miami conference suggesting he wanted a lower price for the company.
    None of that makes sense, Quinn said. Not only has Twitter disclosed the uncertainty of its estimates for years, he said, “the company gave him the opportunity to engage in due diligence and kick the tires and look around.” Musk did not take up that offer.
    Not only did he already have the opportunity to prove himself wrong, but he's publicly throwing a MAGA style temper tantrum demanding Twitter publicly refute it's own disclosed finds. Lol. Fake news!!!
    Last edited by Seran; 05-17-2022 at 11:58 PM.