Page 1240 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 2407401140119012301238123912401241124212501290 ... LastLast
Results 12,391 to 12,400 of 12975

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Twitter stock closed at $51.70 today, the tentative offer is $54.20 per share. Please show us how that's 50% more than it's worth.
    For the record, shareholders must approve the sale and then it's up for Federal approval of the deal. Given the shenanigans Elon Musk already has with the SEC,, and Justice, I don't think it'll be as cut and dry as many imagine.
    Last edited by Seran; 04-25-2022 at 05:55 PM.

Twitter stock closed at $51.70 today, the tentative offer is $54.20 per share. Please show us how that's 50% more than it's worth.
    Look at when Elon Musk bought 9% of the stock.. and at what price.

SPOILER: March 4th. Price was $33.39

Look at when Elon Musk's purchase went public.

SPOILER: April 4th. Price was 39.31

What it closed at today is meaningless.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

For the record, shareholders must approve the sale and then it's up for Federal approval of the deal. Given the shenanigans Elon Musk already has with the SEC,, and Justice, I don't think it'll be as cut and dry as many imagine.
    Shareholders will accept it.

Feds won't have a choice but to accept it.

I know this is upsetting news for you.. but here's a silver lining: Trump's social media company will go tits up after this sale goes through.

And isn't that what is really important to you?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Which is weird. Did they really think Elon Musk couldn't get the money together or what? Something else must have been going on.
    My take is the board looked at what he did with Tesla and assumed this was another bluff. The second he had funding set up they took an actual look at the offer.

Don't think they were thrilled with how he failed to disclose what he owned until after he got to 9% off the shares. They probably looked at it as an attempt at a hostile takeover rather than one with actual funding behind it. Given his securities issues in the past, the board agreed accordingly until financing was in the table
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

I wonder how long it will be after the sale that Democrats will be talking about regulating social media platforms...
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Look at when Elon Musk bought 9% of the stock.. and at what price.

SPOILER: March 4th. Price was $33.39

Look at when Elon Musk's purchase went public.

SPOILER: April 4th. Price was 39.31

What it closed at today is meaningless.
    $33.99 - 54.20 is not 50%. Nor is what he paid to purchase a 9% stake at all relevant to purchasing a 100% stake. Nice failed attempt at pass interference.

$33.99 - 54.20 is not 50%. Nor is what he paid to purchase a 9% stake at all relevant to purchasing a 100% stake. Nice failed attempt at pass interference.
    I don't want to tell him.....

Someone should though...

I can't because at this point it's like I'm just making fun of the retard.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

8. Default

$33.99 - 54.20 is not 50%.
    You're ironically right. It's actually closer to 60%.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    You're ironically right. It's actually closer to 60%.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Blog Entries

Regulators may examine Elon Musk’s purchase of Twitter but are unlikely to sue to block it, former antitrust officials said on Monday.

Why anyone would even need that article is just beyond me. Nothing else Musk owns or has a large share in competes with Twitter.

Are you done making a fool out of yourself?
    Last edited by Gelston; 04-25-2022 at 09:04 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam