Page 385 of 1659 FirstFirst ... 2853353753833843853863873954354858851385 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 16584

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    To be fair he did drive into a person. But on the other hand this is what happens when you allow lawlessness to fester, the old guy was probably scared and didn't know what to do and the cops were nowhere to be found because the mayor told them to let the thugs do whatever they wanted.

It's like Charlottesville all over again; allow people to do whatever they want with no police intervention and eventually someone is going to take it too far.
    Having your vehicle corralled is scary as fuck, had that happen when we first moved to Tampa in the 90's. The x was driving, kids were in the car, honestly it's only time in my life where I felt my families life was in danger. Stopping in this situation is how you get Reginald Denny'd.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Imagine cwolff as the mayor of Portland.
    I wish I was mayor of Portland. At the next protest, I would have half the local police force and a couple hundred National Guardsmen ready to handle the situation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    I wish I was mayor of Portland. At the next protest, I would have half the local police force and a couple hundred National Guardsmen ready to handle the situation.
    The mayor doesn't have any authority over the National Guard.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The mayor doesn't have any authority over the National Guard.
    Of course not - this would be a request. Any bets as to whether the current administration would support it?

Blog Entries

Of course not - this would be a request. Any bets as to whether the current administration would support it?
    The Governor of Oregon controls the National Guard for the state, and I doubt she'd approve it. The President can't really do anything, unless Title 10 is invoked, and even then, it is illegal to use them for domestic law enforcement.... Unless the insurrection act is also invoked... In which case he'd just be sending in the Regular Army and you being Mayor wouldn't mean much of anything.
    Last edited by Gelston; 10-12-2018 at 12:11 AM.

6. Default

The Governor of Oregon controls the National Guard for the state, and I doubt she'd approve it. The President can't really do anything, unless Title 10 is invoked, and even then, it is illegal to use them for domestic law enforcement.... Unless the insurrection act is also invoked... In which case he'd just be sending in the Regular Army and you being Mayor wouldn't mean much of anything.
    Hopefully you don't edit your response again while I compose my response .

Yes I agree that the current governor would not use her authority to use the National Guard unless the situation gets much worse than it is now.

Admittedly I don't think a President has federalized the National Guard since 1957 - it is a rare event. But we don't have a typical President. I think he might jump at the chance to make a statement in a situation like this one. But I could be wrong.

In any case, something has to be done in Portland, or protestors will almost certainly become more aggressive until they are stopped.

In any case, something has to be done in Portland, or protestors will almost certainly become more aggressive until they are stopped.
    They reap what they sow. Keep electing these retards into office.

Honestly, don't care. Let that be a shining example of what the new Democrat Party is all about.

A bunch of soymilk drinking losers.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    To be fair he did drive into a person. But on the other hand this is what happens when you allow lawlessness to fester, the old guy was probably scared and didn't know what to do and the cops were nowhere to be found because the mayor told them to let the thugs do whatever they wanted.

It's like Charlottesville all over again; allow people to do whatever they want with no police intervention and eventually someone is going to take it too far.
    He should just walk into court and be like "I tried to call the cops but the Mayor made them stand down, wtf was I supposed to do?"

When the cops won't do shit, they leave people no choice but to take the law into their own hands. Dude was just tyring to get away anyway, not go all Batman on these fat fucks.

What a bunch of fucking retards.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-12-2018 at 09:19 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Hopefully you don't edit your response again while I compose my response .

Yes I agree that the current governor would not use her authority to use the National Guard unless the situation gets much worse than it is now.

Admittedly I don't think a President has federalized the National Guard since 1957 - it is a rare event. But we don't have a typical President. I think he might jump at the chance to make a statement in a situation like this one. But I could be wrong.

It has been federalized a lot of times since then. Lots of Iraq and Afghanistan deployments. The insurrection act was even used in the LA Riots, which allowed the US Marines and the regular Army to assist.

10. Default

It has been federalized a lot of times since then. Lots of Iraq and Afghanistan deployments. The insurrection act was even used in the LA Riots, which allowed the US Marines and the regular Army to assist.
    I meant for domestic issues. I forgot about the LA riots.