Page 83 of 1660 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485931331835831083 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Robert E. Lee wasn't exactly a fan of slavery. Only reason he didn't join the Union was because Virginia seceded and he wouldn't fight against his home state.
    Funny how you decided to defend Robert E. Lee's stance on slavery yet you seemed to skip right over the post where I quoted him, in his own words, saying it's better for black people that they're enslaved. That it's for their own betterment. And that it's actually harder on the poor white slave owners than it is on the slaves.

A twisted sense of it being a "necessary evil" to better a race through subjugation and violence doesn't mean that the man wasn't racist or that his beliefs were somehow not awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Robert E. Lee wasn't exactly a fan of slavery. Only reason he didn't join the Union was because Virginia seceded and he wouldn't fight against his home state.
    ROFL! Where did you hear this? So... a guy who owned slaves, was notoriously brutal to them, was a proponent of breaking up slave families to keep them subjugated, who lead the entire south in a war against the Americans of the Union in order to keep slavery wasn't exactly a fan of slavery. ROFL! That sounds EXACTLY like a fan of slavery.

That talk of loyalty to Virginia is equally ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    ROFL. What political agenda?
    Without looking him or her up specifically, I'm going to take a wild guess that Mayor is a bleeding heart liberal.

Were the nazi racist white supremacists there for a political agenda?
    Absolutely.

They were able to gather much to everyone's dismay. Look what happened. A white supremacist and nazi admirer murdered 1 and hurt 19 peaceful protesters.
    Just like Antifa was there for their political agenda.

I know, I know.. Antifa can't possibly be a terrorist organization because their name actually means NOT TERRORISTS.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    ROFL. What political agenda? Were the nazi racist white supremacists there for a political agenda? They were able to gather much to everyone's dismay. Look what happened. A white supremacist and nazi admirer murdered 1 and hurt 19 peaceful protesters.
    I like how you and others have already tried this case. What happens if we find out that this guy was being attacked, jumped in his car and completely panicked as his car was being smashed by alt-left "protesters"?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Pin View Post
    Sure, if you ignore the fact that they marched there carrying torches, carrying the nazi flag, while chanting racial and anti-semetic phrases while giving the nazi salute and saying 'hail victory' (sieg hiel in English).
    Every single person was doing this?

I guess it's fair to just assume every single "counter protester" was carrying a baseball bat and throwing rocks at people. I mean since we're just making stuff up now.

Oh, but all of that is ok because there were 'bad people on both sides.'
    It's not "okay", but why can't we point out the bad people on both sides? Why does one side get a pass for the violence they are responsible for and the other side must be condemned in such strong terms that it never seems to be enough for some people?

I think you just called Trump a racist Tgo.
    No, but that's a good job putting words in my mouth. I see you are joining the ever growing list of PC posters who don't know how to have a conversation without engaging in strawmans and deflections. Good job. Next step is to whine whenever I call out your strawmans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    Funny how you decided to defend Robert E. Lee's stance on slavery yet you seemed to skip right over the post where I quoted him, in his own words, saying it's better for black people that they're enslaved. That it's for their own betterment. And that it's actually harder on the poor white slave owners than it is on the slaves.

A twisted sense of it being a "necessary evil" to better a race through subjugation and violence doesn't mean that the man wasn't racist or that his beliefs were somehow not awful.
    Trying to make life 150 years ago live up to today's standards is a fool's game, played by really stupid fools.

Keep up the keeping up.

What did Tgo say again? Only other racists were trying to rationalize their behavior?
    That's actually not what I said. You can stop putting words in my mouth at anytime. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That's actually not what I said. You can stop putting words in my mouth at anytime. Thanks.
    But that's what you meant to say.

And someone has to stand in place of Warriorbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I like how you and others have already tried this case. What happens if we find out that this guy was being attacked, jumped in his car and completely panicked as his car was being smashed by alt-left "protesters"?
    You won't find this out because the guy clearly ran his car down an alleyway to hit protesters. There are at least 4 different videos that I've watched that showed this dude was clearly in the wrong.

You can't drive your car into a group of people and then claim you were scared because they were all around you.
    Last edited by Pin; 08-16-2017 at 12:57 PM.

You won't find this out because the guy clearly ran his car down an alleyway to hit protesters. There are at least 4 different videos that I've watched that showed this dude was clearly in the wrong.

You can't drive your car into a group of people and then claim you were scared because they were all around you.
    I've only seen what's on tv.. but it's very likely he did this on purpose.