Page 404 of 1640 FirstFirst ... 3043543944024034044054064144545049041404 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 16400

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The courts can certainly rule on whether or not the constitution as written extends citizenship to people just because they are born here.
    I haven't seen any serious legal opinions that think this has a chance in hell of having any affect on how citizenship is adjudicated. It's purely a PR stunt.

By the way, what did you do to deserve citizenship other than be born?
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!

Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    I haven't seen any serious legal opinions that think this has a chance in hell of having any affect on how citizenship is adjudicated. It's purely a PR stunt.
    Those the same opinions that said Trump didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning?

By the way, what did you do to deserve citizenship other than be born?
    My parents were US citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    My parents were US citizens.
    How is this something you did?

How is this something you did?
    Are you still "practicing" how to sound smart for your cool communities? Because you're sounding kind of dumb lately.

Even Rocktar realizes the president can't end birthright citizenship with an executive order.
    Yes he can if the executive order is to restore the original intent of the 14th amendment. Stop being so stupid.

Blog Entries

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Yes he can if the executive order is to restore the original intent of the 14th amendment. Stop being so stupid.
    Jesus Christ, at least Rocktar understands how the Constitution works. An executive order can't change the Constitution, full stop.

And the original intent of the 14th amendment has been clear from the beginning and confirmed multiple times in the courts.

8. Default

Jesus Christ, at least Rocktar understands how the Constitution works. An executive order can't change the Constitution, full stop.

And the original intent of the 14th amendment has been clear from the beginning and confirmed multiple times in the courts.
    Uh yeah. There's a reason why the birthright citizenship clause is in the 14th Amendment. Because in Dredd Scott, the Court ruled that people of color were NOT US citizens and could never be.

That language was 100% intentional- to ensure citizenship for millions of people who were born in this country.

But this is exactly what Trump is counting on. There's not going to be an Executive Order. And the Courts aren't going to touch birthright citizenship because it's not even a question of interpretation- it's explicitly written into our Constitution.

He's doing it because he knows morons like Fortybox are going to get all riled up and excited and will want to go out and vote to help end birthright citizenship- which no one can do without a Constitutional amendment.

It’s not a change to the constitution if the executive order holds up the original intent. You’re the one advocating to expand the 14th beyond the meaning - which isn’t surprising because the left wants to ascribe new meanings outside of the original intentions of why the amendment(s) were put in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Uh yeah. There's a reason why the birthright citizenship clause is in the 14th Amendment. Because in Dredd Scott, the Court ruled that people of color were NOT US citizens and could never be.

That language was 100% intentional- to ensure citizenship for millions of people who were born in this country.

But this is exactly what Trump is counting on. There's not going to be an Executive Order. And the Courts aren't going to touch birthright citizenship because it's not even a question of interpretation- it's explicitly written into our Constitution.

He's doing it because he knows morons like Fortybox are going to get all riled up and excited and will want to go out and vote to help end birthright citizenship- which no one can do without a Constitutional amendment.
    Intent is important and you just want to manipulate the amendment to account for additional details not even thought of when the amendment was drafted. Illegal aliens pooping out babies who then get citizenship wasn’t the intent.

I don’t expect the SC to side with Trump on this but he is absolutely right.