Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida Law Will Require Age Verification for Social Media

Lightbulb Florida Law Will Require Age Verification for Social Media

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) just signed into law HB 3, a bill that will give parents of teens under 16 more control over their kids’ access to social media and require age verification for many websites.

The bill requires social media platforms to prevent kids under 14 from creating accounts, and delete existing ones. It also requires parent or guardian consent for 14- and 15-year-olds to create or maintain social media accounts and mandates that platforms delete social media accounts and personal information for this age group at the teen’s or parent’s request.

More...
    The new law will take effect in 2025. Would you send a copy of your ID to social media companies to create an account?

The definition of "social media platform" is below from the text of the new law..

(e) "Social media platform" means an online forum, website, or application that satisfies each of the following criteria:

1. Allows users to upload content or view the content or activity of other users;

2. Ten percent or more of the daily active users who are younger than 16 years of age spend on average 2 hours per day or longer on the online forum, website, or application on the days when using the online forum, website, or application during the previous months or, if the online forum, website, or application did not exist during the previous 12 months, during the previous month;

3. Employs algorithms that analyze user data or information on users to select content for users; and

4. Has any of the following addictive features:

a. Infinite scrolling, which means either:

(I) Continuously loading content, or content that loads as the user scrolls down the page without the need to open a separate page; or

(II) Seamless content, or the use of pages with no visible or apparent end or page breaks.

b. Push notifications or alerts sent by the online forum, website, or application to inform a user about specific activities or events related to the user's account.

c. Displays personal interactive metrics that indicate the number of times other users have clicked a button to indicate their reaction to content or have shared or reposted the content.

d. Auto-play video or video that begins to play without the user first clicking on the video or on a play button for that video.

e. Live-streaming or a function that allows a user or advertiser to broadcast live video content in real-time.

The term does not include an online service, website, or application where the exclusive function is e-mail or direct messaging consisting of text, photographs, pictures, images, or videos shared only between the sender and the recipients, without displaying or posting publicly or to other users not specifically identified as the recipients by the sender.

More...
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

I would only trust Truth Social. I know it's ok to use, because it says "Truth" in the name.

You can be part of this company by buying some shares today. It goes on sale under the ticker DJT.

What a fantastic ticker name.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

4. Default

Diamond Hands on DJT
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Diamond Hands on DJT
    I bought 100 shares when the market opened up today.. just for fun.

When the US media is telling me not to buy DJT because it's too risky, I laugh.

I wish people listened to the media and didn't buy them.. but they did and I'll end up paying probably $70 a share instead of $55
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 03-26-2024 at 09:28 AM.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

6. Default

I actually want to short it.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I actually want to short it.
    You're a filthy liberal.

I ended up getting it at $67, which is better than I thought I would get it at. I just bought it for the memes and to piss off liberals.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    You're a filthy liberal.

I ended up getting it at $67, which is better than I thought I would get it at. I just bought it for the memes and to piss off liberals.
    It'll be fun if it turns into something like Gamestop, with the various political parties shorting or buying to screw the other side.

-Superracist, Joe Biden

-My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I would only trust Truth Social. I know it's ok to use, because it says "Truth" in the name.

You can be part of this company by buying some shares today. It goes on sale under the ticker DJT.

What a fantastic ticker name.
    Gained 16% on it's opening day.

Some people are saying it's the best ticker name, ever.

https://www.cnn.com/markets/stocks/DJT
    Last edited by Neveragain; 03-26-2024 at 05:23 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

I'm watching MSNBC.. and it's hilarious to watch them rage on and on and on about how this stock did today and how it's not fair to Reddit that has more people on it, but it's not valued as high... and how Trump is a gangster and he should be in jail for taking advantage of people on the stock market.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME