Page 1261 of 1664 FirstFirst ... 26176111611211125112591260126112621263127113111361 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,610 of 16635

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Oh so anything with cells that divide is legally alive.
    Well now hold on there, buckaroo! Are you recognizing that a fetus is indeed a "life", just not "legally alive"? Is that a distinction you are now making?

Blog Entries

Oh so anything with cells that divide is legally alive. So I guess we should be making chemotherapy illegal too since cancerous tumors have dividing cells. Also organ removal. Those have cell division too. Oh don't even get me started on elective surgery. I hope we have enough jail cells for all of these people.

Or we could be adults about this and acknowledge that when we say "life at conception", we are very obviously not talking about the definition of biological life. We're talking about personhood. Because if we *were* talking about the definition of biological life, then we would have to start throwing A LOT of people in jail.

So why don't you take another shot at this Mr "I got through 7th grade science class with a passing grade"
    What do cancerous tumors and organs all have in common?

We can test their DNA and show that it is your cancer, your organ. We can literally match the DNA to your own unique set of DNA but it won't match your kids DNA.

I encourage you to continue equating a human being to cancer though, it highlights just how fucked in the head people like you are.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Can men get pregnant?
    I'll get your face pregnant!
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

At this point, we should just Logan's Run this shit. That is the "new green deal" I propose.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post

We can test their DNA and show that it is your cancer, your organ. We can literally match the DNA to your own unique set of DNA but it won't match your kids DNA.

I encourage you to continue equating a human being to cancer though, it highlights just how fucked in the head people like you are.
    Gonna be pretty amazing when they realize that the growth rate of cancer is indeed similar to gestation, only uncontrolled rather than systematic. Only one is often malignant and should always be cut out, the other is only occasionally malignant and of subjective benefit to allow growth. Either way its the choice of the owner to rid themselves of the growth

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Gonna be pretty amazing when they realize that the growth rate of cancer is indeed similar to gestation, only uncontrolled rather than systematic. Only one is often malignant and should always be cut out, the other is only occasionally malignant and of subjective benefit to allow growth. Either way its the choice of the owner to rid themselves of the growth

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post

So a fetus would share 50% of its DNA with the mother, not 0%. Maybe you didn't actually get through 7th grade science...

To your point though, does that mean a fetus is only 50% alive? Oh and what exactly does that have to do with life beginning at conception again? Just because you can cite a difference between two things doesn't mean the difference is relevant. Because your patchy definition would also make multicellular fungal infections people with constitutional protections.

Finally, where is this evidence of scientific consensus that a fetus is alive in the sense that it would qualify for personhood, and where specifically does it say that the qualifications are "has cell division" and "shares no more than 50% of your DNA"?

Or are you just making things up at this point because you realize "science" does not have your back and that your whole idea of when personhood starts is an arbitrary belief that isn't based on actual facts?
    Last edited by time4fun; 05-10-2022 at 09:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Just because you can cite a difference between two things doesn't mean the difference is relevant.
    I suppose in crazy town, which is obviously your zip code, the difference between cancer and a human being isn't relevant.

So a fetus would share 50% of its DNA with the mother, not 0%.
    At least we can agree that it's not the woman's body.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 05-10-2022 at 10:04 PM.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Time4killingchildren as the prosecuting attorney in a murder case:

The Matlock moment "50% of the DNA matches the defenses mother, so it was 100% the mother that committed the murder."

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

So a fetus would share 50% of its DNA with the mother, not 0%. Maybe you didn't actually get through 7th grade science...

To your point though, does that mean a fetus is only 50% alive? Oh and what exactly does that have to do with life beginning at conception again? Just because you can cite a difference between two things doesn't mean the difference is relevant. Because your patchy definition would also make multicellular fungal infections people with constitutional protections.

Finally, where is this evidence of scientific consensus that a fetus is alive in the sense that it would qualify for personhood, and where specifically does it say that the qualifications are "has cell division" and "shares no more than 50% of your DNA"?

Or are you just making things up at this point because you realize "science" does not have your back and that your whole idea of when personhood starts is an arbitrary belief that isn't based on actual facts?
    I for one support a woman’s bodily autonomy and the privacy she has with her doctor.

…And I encourage you to speak with yours about your obvious premenstrual dysphoric disorder symptoms.