Page 381 of 469 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 4690

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

  1. #3801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Fantastic witness then.

    She named 4 people. All 4 people said they don't recall it.

    She didn't know the place, time, date, any real details at all.. just that she was 100% sure it was Kavanaugh.

    Next witness please... this one is useless.
    I recall being nearly drowned by my babysitters son when I was between 7 and 9. He held me under water at the Beach. I was there and know it happened but I can't tell you when or what beach or how we got there or home. I distinctly remember nearly being drowned and who it was and will forever though.

  2. #3802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    I recall being nearly drowned by my babysitters son when I was between 7 and 9. He held me under water at the Beach. I was there and know it happened but I can't tell you when or what beach or how we got there or home. I distinctly remember nearly being drowned and who it was and will forever though.
    Do you think we should convict this man for attempted murder now because of this allegation?

  3. #3803
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    4,083
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    I recall being nearly drowned by my babysitters son when I was between 7 and 9. He held me under water at the Beach. I was there and know it happened but I can't tell you when or what beach or how we got there or home. I distinctly remember nearly being drowned and who it was and will forever though.
    Kids used to do that when I was younger, we called it being kids.


    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

    Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

  4. #3804

    Default

    The point of the story about my memory is neither what is acceptable or even actionable in court. It happened, and I'm sure I remember it even if the older boy, who was in his teens at the time, probably doesn't. He was at least 10 years older than me, knew better, had about 100 pounds on me and held my head under water with one hand. He was a violent dick and a bully and probably still is.

    It happened, that's the point, and I believe both the plaintiff and the defendant here, as I am all too familiar with someone who gets black out drunk regularly and literally has no recollection of places gone, things said or done.

    You may be uncomfortable that things are true if they go against what you wish to be true.
    Last edited by rolfard; 10-07-2018 at 08:10 PM.

  5. #3805
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    10,585
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    The point of the story about my memory is neither what is acceptable or even actionable in court.
    That's ultimately what it boils down to, though. I have no reason to doubt your story (or Ford's) but unless there's some kind of corroboration ... what do you expect someone to do? I'd like to think that a court, public opinion or otherwise, requires at least some kind of evidence beyond the accuser's word.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  6. #3806
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    With your mom
    Posts
    3,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    The point of the story about my memory is neither what is acceptable or even actionable in court. It happened, and I'm sure I remember it even if the older boy, who was in his teens at the time, probably doesn't. He was at least 10 years older than me, knew better, had about 100 pounds on me and held my head under water with one hand. He was a violent dick and a bully and probably still is.

    It happened, that's the point, and I believe both the plaintiff and the defendant here, as I am all too familiar with someone who gets black out drunk regularly and literally has no recollection of places gone, things said or done.

    You may be uncomfortable that things are true if they go against what you wish to be true.
    She had nobody to corroborate her story. There just weren't any facts. Did you not listen to Sen. Collins speech? She lays out a strong case for her reasoning.

    Was the bully Fabio? Maybe your memory has caused it to manifest in that horrible avatar of yours.


  7. #3807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    That's ultimately what it boils down to, though. I have no reason to doubt your story (or Ford's) but unless there's some kind of corroboration ... what do you expect someone to do? I'd like to think that a court, public opinion or otherwise, requires at least some kind of evidence beyond the accuser's word.
    The thing to do is withdraw the nominee. There are a number of conservative judges who could take his place without damaging the institution. Gorsuch got in last year and you only need 50 votes so no one can say that it's too big an obstacle. Conversely they could have done a substantive investigation whose goal was fact finding as much as possible instead of being done as fast as possible.


    These things are important. It's bigger than Kavanaugh and should be taken seriously. Now there will always be a black mark on Kavanaugh and SCOTUS because of some mad dash for short term political gain.

  8. #3808
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    With your mom
    Posts
    3,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    The thing to do is withdraw the nominee. There are a number of conservative judges who could take his place without damaging the institution. Gorsuch got in last year and you only need 50 votes so no one can say that it's too big an obstacle. Conversely they could have done a substantive investigation whose goal was fact finding as much as possible instead of being done as fast as possible.


    These things are important. It's bigger than Kavanaugh and should be taken seriously. Now there will always be a black mark on Kavanaugh and SCOTUS because of some mad dash for short term political gain.
    Wrong. The left's political smear didn't work for Justice Thomas and it didn't work for Justice Kavanaugh.

    You lost. Get over it.

  9. #3809
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    25,674
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    The thing to do is withdraw the nominee. There are a number of conservative judges who could take his place without damaging the institution. Gorsuch got in last year and you only need 50 votes so no one can say that it's too big an obstacle. Conversely they could have done a substantive investigation whose goal was fact finding as much as possible instead of being done as fast as possible.


    These things are important. It's bigger than Kavanaugh and should be taken seriously. Now there will always be a black mark on Kavanaugh and SCOTUS because of some mad dash for short term political gain.
    Withdraw what nominee? It is done. He is confirmed.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  10. #3810
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    10,585
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    The thing to do is withdraw the nominee.
    You're using the wrong tense here, because what happened is done. What the dems should have done was release the letter as soon as they received it instead of at the 11th hour, so it could be more fully investigated. They knew about this back in July, and I don't believe that they sat on it because they wanted to protect her privacy.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •