Page 438 of 1660 FirstFirst ... 3383884284364374384394404484885389381438 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 16597

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Right, but it's about what kind of right one thinks he's stripping away. Can we generally agree that discrimination on sex, religion, etc is a problem, and that it's not a "right" to tell Muslims not to live in your town or some such nonsense?
    It is a right to tell anyone whatever the fuck you want. The infringement only comes with you act upon that.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I do not think there's a moral equivalency here. Sensationalism and negativity sell, but I also think most media outlets strive for the truth. Trump, on the other hand, just makes crap up constantly. So, they're not the same. Even if they were, just because the "other guy" does something, that doesn't make it ok for the other side to do it. Confirmation bias is definitely a problem, though, on all sides.

As for Obama lying--about what? Obama wasn't perfect, but he was pretty damn good.
    "If you like your plan you can keep your plan. If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."

That was probably his biggest, but there were shitloads of others. I bet you think he never lied about that either, or best case that was the "only" lie he ever told.

It's ok to be biased. It really is. Just stop trying to convince people that you're not, because you're really bad at that part.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-19-2018 at 02:23 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    "If you like your plan you can keep your plan. If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."

That was probably his biggest. I bet you think he never lied about that either, or best case that was the "only" lie he ever told.

It's ok to be biased. It really is. Just stop trying to convince people that you're not, because you're really bad at that part.
    Obamacare wasn't perfect, but it was a damn sight better than nothing. I don't think anyone, including Obama, was perfectly happy with the end result. But so go the practicalities of politics. Now, though, keeping Obamacare around is the key issue that pulled Democrats ahead in the midterms--so it seems to have caught on. Hopefully we can fix the problems with it.

As for this whole biased thing--again, having an opinion is not the same thing as being biased. I have a very clear point of view, as you've noted, but I try really, really hard to look at the broad facts of a situation and to stay above petty insults and gut reactions. I'm hardly perfect, but at least I try. I wish the other posters here would try to do the same.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Blog Entries

Obamacare wasn't perfect, but it was a damn sight better than nothing. I don't think anyone, including Obama, was perfectly happy with the end result. But so go the practicalities of politics. Now, though, keeping Obamacare around is the key issue that pulled Democrats ahead in the midterms--so it seems to have caught on. Hopefully we can fix the problems with it.

As for this whole biased thing--again, having an opinion is not the same thing as being biased. I have a very clear point of view, as you've noted, but I try really, really hard to look at the broad facts of a situation and to stay above petty insults and gut reactions. I'm hardly perfect, but at least I try. I wish the other posters here would try to do the same.
    No, I prefer nothing.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    No, I prefer nothing.
    Wonderful, we'll go tell those kids with cancer that they have to die so you can feel more comfortable.

PS Obamacare has had very little effect on insurance through employers (Except to make it a little cheaper than it would have been). So you're trading in people's lives for slightly more expensive premiums and political spite.

Blog Entries

Wonderful, we'll go tell those kids with cancer that they have to die so you can feel more comfortable.

PS Obamacare has had very little effect on insurance through employers (Except to make it a little cheaper than it would have been). So you're trading in people's lives for slightly more expensive premiums and political spite.
    Ever heard of St Jude? I've donated thousands of dollars to them through my lifetime to this point.

There is also Shriners. There are tons of charities that cover all of that. So yes, I prefer no Government mandated healthcare. Don't try to force dead kids into this discussion because you have nothing else.
    Last edited by Gelston; 11-19-2018 at 02:53 PM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Ever heard of St Jude? I've donated thousands of dollars to them through my lifetime to this point.
    Great. I guess that means you're free to push for changes that kill off the other 99.9% of kids with cancer who aren't affected at all by your donations to St Jude.

Blog Entries

Great. I guess that means you're free to push for changes that kill off the other 99.9% of kids with cancer who aren't affected at all by your donations to St Jude.
    You're an idiot and obviously don't know what charities are out there.

Even Politifact acknkowledges what you won't. And it says fact right there in the name!!!!!!!11

Now, though, keeping Obamacare around is the key issue that pulled Democrats ahead in the midterms
    Gosh, that must explain the "shellacking" per Obama's own words, that they took in 2010, when Obamacare was an actual key issue, right? Which was a much bigger flip than the 2016 midterms.

No, you tap dance around anything that answering directly/honestly would make your side look bad, you latch onto anything negative about Trump while ignoring anything positive, all while claiming to be objective.

It's ok to be biased. Just stop acting like you aren't. Or if you truly believe that you are unbiased, then you're lacking in self-awareness. It's ok though, that's a very common trait of people on the left, so you're not alone if that's the case.

Let's not forget how democrats also quietly snuck in taking over student loans entirely with Obamacare too, while people complain about the rising costs of tuition at ridiculous rates and how terrible their monstrous student loan debt is.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-19-2018 at 03:43 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Know who would use some donations? Your brother or whatever relative it is of yours that's here illegally.

If only you'd stop spending all your money on text and help him out while you tell the rest of us how to spend our money.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-19-2018 at 03:44 PM.