Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Valor

Unhappy Stolen Valor

Tim Sheehy, a charismatic former Navy SEAL who is the Republican candidate in a U.S. Senate race in Montana that could determine control of the chamber, has cited a gunshot wound he received in combat that he said left a bullet in his right arm as evidence of his toughness.

“I got thick skin — though it’s not thick enough. I have a bullet stuck in this arm still from Afghanistan,” Sheehy said in a video of a December campaign event posted on social media, pointing to his right forearm.

More...
    Guess what? In 2015 while in a public parking lot in Glacier National Park in Montana, Sheehy was injured and taken to a hospital emergency room. He told a park ranger that his Colt .45 revolver fell and discharged, injuring his right arm.

Asked this week about the citation, which has not been previously reported, Sheehy told The Washington Post that the statement he gave the ranger was a lie. He said he made up the story about the gun going off to protect himself and his former platoonmates from facing a potential military investigation into an old bullet wound that he said he got in Afghanistan in 2012. He said he did not know for certain whether the wound was the result of friendly fire or from enemy ammunition, and said he never reported the incident to his superiors.

Sheehy said he did not shoot himself in the park in 2015, but rather fell and hurt himself on a hike, necessitating a trip to an emergency room, where he said he told hospital staff he had a bullet in his arm, triggering his interview with the ranger.

“I guess the only thing I’m guilty of is admitting to doing something I never did,” Sheehy said of paying a $525 fine for illegally discharging his weapon in the national park; he now says the gun never went off in the park.
    Is that the dumbest lie ever? Or is it so unlikely that it must be true?
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Sheehy's spokesperson adds more to the story..

“The bullet in Tim’s arm was a result of his service in Afghanistan. Tim never reported it because he didn’t want to trigger an investigation of his team, be pulled from the battlefield, and see a fellow teammate be punished. It was always about protecting a fellow team member of his unit he thought could have been responsible due to friendly fire ricochet in the heat of an engagement with the enemy.

More...
    Does that make the story more credible?

Did this really need its own thread you weak ass attention whore?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Claiming to have been shot in war is not “stolen valor.”

You really have to try harder. This is just embarrassing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

You really have to try harder. This is just embarrassing now.
    He needs to stick to practicing buying cold cuts without his mommy's help.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

Au contraire..

"Stolen Valor" is a term applied to the phenomenon of people falsely claiming military awards or medals they did not earn, service they did not perform, Prisoner of War experiences that never happened, and other tales of military actions that exist only in their minds. In the United States, thousands of cases have been documented in recent years in which judges, politicians, celebrities, veterans' group officials, antiwar activists, prominent people, and average citizens have been exposed for lying about their military record. This issue has become increasingly more prominent in the United States in recent years.

More...

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Au contraire..
    Can't help but notice you cut off your own link right before it explains what the Stolen Valor Act encompasses. Hint: Saying you were shot doesn't violate this act.

I guess you are Latrin, because he did this shit all the time; posting a link and claiming it says something it clearly does not.

Au contraire..
    By that definition, when Joe Biden publicly and repeatedly claims his son Beau died fighting in Iraq…is that stolen valor?

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    By that definition, when Joe Biden publicly and repeatedly claims his son Beau died fighting in Iraq…is that stolen valor?
    Time to lock Joe Biden up!

Au contraire..
    Why haven't you addressed the Senator Richard Blumenthal stolen valor story then? He's been in office 13 years now... and not a single mention about that from you.

Maybe you should start a new topic about it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/18/n...lumenthal.html
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.