Page 186 of 1660 FirstFirst ... 861361761841851861871881962362866861186 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 16595

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Riiight. Well enjoy the shutdown, for every day that passes I predict a point off dum dum Donald's approval rating. His base may not directly work for the government but millions of jobs tied to the government apparatus does. Ya'll come back now!
    Jobs tied to the Government through private companies are under contract. All Government contracts are fully funded and have money set aside when they are created. It would only effect creating new contracts, which, Shutdowns don't last long.
    Last edited by Gelston; 01-20-2018 at 02:57 PM.

2. Default

Riiight. Well enjoy the shutdown, for every day that passes I predict a point off dum dum Donald's approval rating. His base may not directly work for the government but millions of jobs tied to the government apparatus does. Ya'll come back now!
    The only people I know of that still say "dum dum" are retards, and antique furniture. And midgets. I can't so much as drink a damn glass of water around a midget or a piece of antique furniture. I ain't saying it's right, I'm just telling the damn truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I'm failing to see the negatives of a government shutdown except maybe people who love going to national parks being slightly disappointed, or perhaps in some rare instances, Clark W. Griswold "Wally World is closed" unslightly disappointed.
    I work at a government contractor and woke up to my boss texting me about the shut down and asking me to do some overtime to take care of some shit, a lot of contract numbers for one of our projects are now suspended and I spent most of the morning cancelling travel plans for an install that was planned for the next couple of weeks (which fucking sucks, 200 bucks a pop for each cancelled plane ticket but eh what are you going to do). When I went to charge my time the numbers I use for these projects are all frozen so I was inundated with requests to find the project suspense buckets.

Really petty I guess but also really wasteful. Around 10 people were supposed to go out for installs in the coming weeks and now we're out 200 bucks per person because the government couldn't get its shit together. It's going to come from the project budget but since part of my job is keeping an eye on that stuff it makes me cringe because it's just.. wasteful as fuck.
    Last edited by Mighty Nikkisaurus; 01-20-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Retardo ed rectum absolut (vodka)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I'd be an awesome woman. So awesome, you would want to fuck me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    At least my boobs look good when I put on weight, ok

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Nikkisaurus View Post
    At least my boobs look good when I put on weight, ok
    This horny asshole says show proof or GTFO. Also, is your husbands wife single? I'm asking for a friend.

Don't try to seriously respond to these mentally dumbshit tards, just think for one second. Male. Adults (some 50+). Stuck in some bullshit text game from their childhood. These losers never grew up and certainly not a fuck all clue what the fucks going on in a ultra complicated system like the Federal government.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Don't try to seriously respond to these mentally dumbshit tards, just think for one second. Male. Adults (some 50+). Stuck in some bullshit text game from their childhood. These losers never grew up and certainly not a fuck all clue what the fucks going on in a ultra complicated system like the Federal government.
    I mean it is a very fucking cool bullshit text game.

This sort of thing is really offputting. A lot of them do get how the Government works, we just.. really fucking disagree a lot. And that's ok. I'd rather keep it on that level than turn it into a shit flinging contest of who can knock down the credibility of another's intelligence faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Nikkisaurus View Post
    I mean it is a very fucking cool bullshit text game.
    And he still plays it too while trashing on other people for also playing, so there’s that.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-21-2018 at 11:33 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Actually, they don't. It's tantamount to saying that in Neurosurgery you "cut open the skull,duh!" Gov policy can get pretty warped and ultra complicated; when I was working as a liason for the SFC it would surprise me how surprised a lot of senior policy aides would get on rudimentary economic theory even with decades of experience doing this on a daily basis. It just isn't as straightforward/easy as it appears to be..
    Saying that people who we disagree with are simply stupid diminishes the times that the people are simply stupid. We're seeing that right now.

Attack on the precise things you disagree with. Keep mum on the rest, keep records, and then use those records to hang them when it's right. But saying "Oh these people are just a bunch of idiots.."

Nah they aren't. A lot of them have opened businesses, have had successful families, multiple properties. They've prospered and they've done so because they aren't dumb fucks. Listen to what they say and come back with a direct rebuttal when you disagree. I didn't say this all was easy, I said it's wrong to characterize people who view things in a politically different way as being stupid or idiots. Do so at your peril.