Page 1262 of 1339 FirstFirst ... 2627621162121212521260126112621263126412721312 ... LastLast
Results 12,611 to 12,620 of 13390

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

  1. #12611
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    8,776
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Just because you can cite a difference between two things doesn't mean the difference is relevant.
    I suppose in crazy town, which is obviously your zip code, the difference between cancer and a human being isn't relevant.

    So a fetus would share 50% of its DNA with the mother, not 0%.
    At least we can agree that it's not the woman's body.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 05-10-2022 at 10:04 PM.


    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

  2. #12612
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    8,776
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Time4killingchildren as the prosecuting attorney in a murder case:

    The Matlock moment "50% of the DNA matches the defenses mother, so it was 100% the mother that committed the murder."


    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

  3. #12613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So a fetus would share 50% of its DNA with the mother, not 0%. Maybe you didn't actually get through 7th grade science...

    To your point though, does that mean a fetus is only 50% alive? Oh and what exactly does that have to do with life beginning at conception again? Just because you can cite a difference between two things doesn't mean the difference is relevant. Because your patchy definition would also make multicellular fungal infections people with constitutional protections.

    Finally, where is this evidence of scientific consensus that a fetus is alive in the sense that it would qualify for personhood, and where specifically does it say that the qualifications are "has cell division" and "shares no more than 50% of your DNA"?

    Or are you just making things up at this point because you realize "science" does not have your back and that your whole idea of when personhood starts is an arbitrary belief that isn't based on actual facts?
    I for one support a woman’s bodily autonomy and the privacy she has with her doctor.

    …And I encourage you to speak with yours about your obvious premenstrual dysphoric disorder symptoms.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    I for one support a woman’s bodily autonomy and the privacy she has with her doctor.

    …And I encourage you to speak with yours about your obvious premenstrual dysphoric disorder symptoms.
    Yeah...I'll go do that while you read Exodus 21:22 and tell me with a straight face that God thinks a fetus is the same thing as a person.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Time4killingchildren as the prosecuting attorney in a murder case:

    The Matlock moment "50% of the DNA matches the defenses mother, so it was 100% the mother that committed the murder."
    I see you still don't have that scientific evidence to support your argument. So it's not science that's saying that a fetus is the same thing as a person.

    You're just making things up and don't realize it anymore.

    So what's your actual argument against abortion again? What's your evidence that a fetus is functionally a child at conception, and that its existence is more important than the woman carrying it, who is indisputably a person?
    Last edited by time4fun; 05-10-2022 at 10:52 PM.

  6. #12616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Yeah...I'll go do that while you read Exodus 21:22 and tell me with a straight face that God thinks a fetus is the same thing as a person.
    Uhm...so there are like a gajillion translations of this but here are a few I found:

    If people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows.
    Now suppose two men are fighting, and in the process they accidentally strike a pregnant woman so she gives birth prematurely. If no further injury results, the man who struck the woman must pay the amount of compensation the woman’s husband demands and the judges approve.
    If men who are fighting strike a pregnant woman and her child is born prematurely, but there is no further injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman’s husband demands and as the court allows.
    If men fight, and hurt a woman with child, so that she gives birth prematurely, yet no harm follows, he shall surely be punished accordingly as the woman’s husband imposes on him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
    When men get in a fight and hit a pregnant woman so that her children are born prematurely but there is no injury, the one who hit her must be fined as the woman’s husband demands from him, and he must pay according to judicial assessment.
    If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
    So uh...where in there do you get the idea that God doesn't think a fetus is a person?

  7. #12617
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    8,776
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    who is indisputably a person?
    Both.







    Which one is indisputably a person?


    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

  8. #12618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Yeah...I'll go do that while you read Exodus 21:22 and tell me with a straight face that God thinks a fetus is the same thing as a person.
    Bible doesn't recognize the value of a non-viable baby anymore than the majority of American society. Though kind of cringey to cite a section of Exodus that promotes being a food master to your slaves.

  9. #12619
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    8,776
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Person: "a human being regarded as an individual."

    Individual: "a single human being as distinct from a group, class, or family."

    Distinct: "recognizably different in nature from something else of a similar type." (as in "a distinct set of DNA")

    What's like knowing your supposed college degrees are worth less than my 7th grade biology class?


    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

  10. #12620
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    8,776
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Though kind of cringey to cite a section of Exodus that promotes being a food master to your slaves.
    Cringey, as apposed to killing your child because you don't want to take responsibility for your own actions?


    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5037
    Last Post: 08-12-2022, 03:05 PM
  2. Replies: 5159
    Last Post: 08-12-2022, 08:22 AM
  3. Replies: 743
    Last Post: 02-12-2022, 08:50 AM
  4. Replies: 2079
    Last Post: 02-11-2022, 05:50 PM
  5. Things that made you frown today (Political version)
    By Warriorbird in forum Politics
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: 11-07-2020, 12:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •