Page 1101 of 1661 FirstFirst ... 101601100110511091109911001101110211031111115112011601 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,010 of 16604

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    This is hardly news, and it's definitely not discrimination against rich white women.
    This is how you know it's discrimination against rich white women.

EDIT: Hey t4f, on a scale of 1-10, how seriously do you believe people on here take you?
    Last edited by Methais; 10-19-2021 at 09:48 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Are they not? I'm open to seeing the information or argument that they aren't if it's available.

They are volunteers, which are unpaid employees, who are still subject to the rules and practices of the company they are volunteering for. Under that idea, I would contend they are technically "employees", and to be dismissed based on their race as the sole issue falls under the statutes I highlighted.

Example: If a "volunteer" had accosted someone while at work for the museum, could the museum be held liable?.. since the individual is "employed" by the museum? Just because the "employee" is not paid, and does it voluntarily, doesn't mean they are not "employed"...

If have something to contradict that, then I'm open to it.

It's still stupid and racist as fuck.
    Those laws affect employees. Volunteers, especially completely unpaid volunteers, are not employees. This sort of thing has been before the courts before.

And don't try to say a volunteer is an "unpaid employee" because that would be completely illegal.

For more information on what a volunteer is, see this Government site. https://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/whd/fl...heir%20service.
    Last edited by Gelston; 10-19-2021 at 10:01 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

3. Default

This seems just like more double-speak and changing of terms to try and explain something away.

The administration said themselves they needed to "diversify".. then fired their trained employees/volunteers.

People can try to explain it away with new, friendly terms.. doesn't change what it is. Shit is getting really weird in that way.

Just like "safe spaces" aren't segregation somehow..

Sorry, not drinking the kool-aid.
    Once again, they didn't fire them. They scrapped the program entirely.

The demographics of the program weren't the problem, they were a symptom of the problem. The museum- and many other institutions- want to replace their docent program with something more people can participate in.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. And there's nothing that says former docents can't apply to be part of the new program, whenever that comes to be.

I'll say it one more time- Docent programs have been falling out of fashion for years- they're being scrapped in a lot of places. There is nothing that says that you have to keep a volunteer program forever once it's been established.

4. Default

This seems just like more double-speak and changing of terms to try and explain something away.

The administration said themselves they needed to "diversify".. then fired their trained employees/volunteers.

People can try to explain it away with new, friendly terms.. doesn't change what it is. Shit is getting really weird in that way.

Just like "safe spaces" aren't segregation somehow..

Sorry, not drinking the kool-aid.
    PS Segregation is a complex legal system designed with the explicit purpose of consolidating political power among a particular ethnic group at the expense of another.

"Safe Spaces" bear no resemblance to that.

Once again, they didn't fire them. They scrapped the program entirely.

The demographics of the program weren't the problem, they were a symptom of the problem. The museum- and many other institutions- want to replace their docent program with something more people can participate in.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. And there's nothing that says former docents can't apply to be part of the new program, whenever that comes to be.

I'll say it one more time- Docent programs have been falling out of fashion for years- they're being scrapped in a lot of places. There is nothing that says that you have to keep a volunteer program forever once it's been established.
    "It wasn't X, it was instead <X but using different words>!"

Confirmed that they were fired solely because time4fun is saying they weren't fired.

PS Segregation is a complex legal system designed with the explicit purpose of consolidating political power among a particular ethnic group at the expense of another.

Confirmed that "Safe Spaces" = segregation.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

It hasn't been long enough for people to forget segregation that you can redefine segregation.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Democrats: OMG! Trump is just a Russian stooge! He loves Russia more than the US! He even likes Russian dressing! The traitor!

Biden's pick for the head of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency was literally born in the USSR and graduated college from Moscow State University.

You can't even make this shit up anymore.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 10-24-2021 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Dumb stuff.
    You're dumb.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Kind of hilarious that Bhaalizmo just seemed to volunteer himself to step into Ashliana's shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Kind of hilarious that Bhaalizmo just seemed to volunteer himself to step into Ashliana's shoes.
    Gross.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.