Page 416 of 431 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 4309

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

  1. #4151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Difficile View Post
    She probably committed battery first by attempting to grab the mike
    I highly doubt it's assault to attempt to grab property that belongs to you and I'm almost positive that microphone belongs to the White House and not Jim Acosta or CNN.

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Difficile View Post
    and his contact appeared to be purely in self-defense, just enough to stop the initial battery.
    It could be considered assault if you push someone out of the way if they are blocking you from leaving a room, I highly doubt it's considered self defense to push someone away who is trying to remove property out of your hands that belongs to them.

  2. #4152
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    25,230
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Difficile View Post

    Not really her fault and she was in a bad position. She's an intern, panicked, and just started grabbing. If she yelled "Sir PLEASE HAND ME THE MICROPHONE" it would have been much more effective.
    No, I think usually motherfuckers just hand over the microphone. Acosta was being a dipshit.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I highly doubt it's assault to attempt to grab property that belongs to you and I'm almost positive that microphone belongs to the White House and not Jim Acosta or CNN.



    It could be considered assault if you push someone out of the way if they are blocking you from leaving a room, I highly doubt it's considered self defense to push someone away who is trying to remove property out of your hands that belongs to them.

    nah sorry man. Common law, at least when it comes to the assault offenses, tends to look worst upon those who escalate when it's not necessary. Ownership of the property is not relevant at least when the property was initially passed with consent. I can't break into a dry cleaner to take back my own coat that I took to them for cleaning, for example.

    Your door example is different because it's an unlawful detention type offense, and it's probably self defense to push your way out of it.

  4. #4154
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    4,039
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Difficile View Post
    Not getting into the politics of this, but it would make a great Torts exam question. Assault, (or battery when physical contact occurs) can extend to objects like if someone smacked a coffee cup out of your hand or pulled a chair out from under you. She probably committed battery first by attempting to grab the mike and his contact appeared to be purely in self-defense, just enough to stop the initial battery. The closer question I suppose is whether his conduct reached the level where physical force was justified, but as he was not being physically disruptive (prior to the mic being grabbed), I would wager not.

    Not really her fault and she was in a bad position. She's an intern, panicked, and just started grabbing. If she yelled "Sir PLEASE HAND ME THE MICROPHONE" it would have been much more effective.
    Actually most of us were taught this lesson in kindergarten, it went like this.

    When the head of the classroom tells little jimmy that it's someone else's turn, little jimmy needs to sit down, be quiet and keep his hands to himself. If little jimmy can't do this he gets sent to time out.

    If we are needing to test this on Torts exams, we have much bigger problems to be concerned about.


    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

    Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

  5. #4155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Difficile View Post
    nah sorry man. Common law, at least when it comes to the assault offenses, tends to look worst upon those who escalate when it's not necessary. Ownership of the property is not relevant at least when the property was initially passed with consent. I can't break into a dry cleaner to take back my own coat that I took to them for cleaning, for example.
    Well yes, breaking and entering is quite different than retrieving your own property from someone's hands, especially if the reason the cleaners isn't giving it back is because of an unpaid bill. This is a totally different situation where someone said "Here, you can use this microphone to ask a question but we'll want it back when we say we want it back." Now it would totally be assault if Acosta was threatened in any way or someone grabbed him or even if just a reasonable person would have felt threatened in his position, but a small 100 pound woman attempting to grab the microphone out of his hands? That's a hard sell for assault, and even it if were that does not give Acosta the right to push her arm away like that, unless again he felt threatened in some way.

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Difficile View Post
    Your door example is different because it's an unlawful detention type offense, and it's probably self defense to push your way out of it.
    Depends on the circumstances. Do you have a cell phone on you? Call the police. Is the person being threatening towards you? Clearly self defense to push them out of the way. Are they simply just standing in the doorway preventing you from leaving but otherwise not threatening you? Could be a totally different ballgame that a prosecutor and jury might end up deciding.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 11-08-2018 at 03:34 AM.

  6. #4156
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    A Corporate Republic
    Posts
    10,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    No, I think usually motherfuckers just hand over the microphone. Acosta was being a dipshit.
    Yeah, he should have been removed for being a disruptive tard. That girl should have kneed him in his tiny balls and taken the mic.

  7. #4157

    Default

    Shouldn’t one of the security personnel acted in the according manner to diffuse the situation? Trump multiple times verbally closed off the discussion and that person should not have acted to take the microphone or needed to, one of the security personnel authorized to do the moving should have intervened and escorted dude out in my opinion at least.

    Also if she wanted that mic she should have swept dude and then Kimuraed the ish out of his arm, if your going to go for the mic fucking go for it!
    [Roll result: 120 (open d100: 94) Penalties: 10]
    You crouch, sweep a leg at Master Footpad Truaz and connect!
    Master Footpad Truaz falls to the ground! You deftly regain your footing.

    [You have 1 repetition(s) remaining.]

    ** A spike on your spiked ora leg greaves jabs into the Footpad Truaz! **
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Well aimed shot, punctures calf!
    The Footpad Truaz is stunned!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

  8. #4158
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    With your mom
    Posts
    3,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enuch View Post
    Shouldn’t one of the security personnel acted in the according manner to diffuse the situation? Trump multiple times verbally closed off the discussion and that person should not have acted to take the microphone or needed to, one of the security personnel authorized to do the moving should have intervened and escorted dude out in my opinion at least.

    Also if she wanted that mic she should have swept dude and then Kimuraed the ish out of his arm, if your going to go for the mic fucking go for it!
    Yeah and then the media would then say he is a dictator. The idiot wasn’t even asking questions - he just started opining.

    The media is the enemy of the people and CNN is at the forefront.
    <---- Soyfox's political arguments.

  9. #4159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    He really likes the bully pulpit. Notice how he abuses the reporter from behind his podium after the reporter's microphone is taken away. Those reporters are being polite and brave, while he's a civic disgrace.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  10. #4160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You could see the fear seeping from trump today. Hes frightened, which is why he requested sessions to resign minutes after that awful press conference.

    Trump is a criminal. Only criminals act like this. How do I know? Look at Nixon.

    Fuck you fortybox and fuck you tgo. Eat shit. Fuck civility.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •