Page 203 of 1659 FirstFirst ... 1031531932012022032042052132533037031203 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 16584

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Student investigated after allegedly saying a math symbol looked like a gun

Criminal charges will not be filed against a student after allegedly saying a math symbol looked like a gun.

On Tuesday afternoon, Allen Parish Sheriff's Office deputies investigated an allegation of terrorist threats at Oberlin High School, according to the department's Facebook page. The investigation revealed that a student was completing a math problem and drew the sign for square root. Deputies say another student made a comment that the symbol looked like a gun and several other students made similar comments. According to investigators, the comment made by the student in question "could" sound like a threat when taken out of context.

Detectives also searched the students home and found no evidence that he possessed or had immediate access to any type of firearm. Investigators say there was no evidence that the student had any intent to commit harm to students or faculty.

"The student used extremely poor judgment in making the comment, but in light of the actual circumstances, there was clearly no evidence to support criminal charges," stated on the Allen Parish Sheriff's Office Facebook page.

The matter was turned over to the Allen Parish School Board for determination of disciplinary action.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nottheonion...edly_saying_a/
    Last edited by Methais; 02-23-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

^ I get the feeling he didn't just say it 'looked like a gun', he was probably sitting around with his buddies running it into the ground. Like those guys who think it's funny to make bomb jokes while going through security at an airport.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

[Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

‘Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying’ in Seattle’s Greenwood area – well, not quite

Rebecca Morris wanted to know why somebody was flying a Confederate flag in her Greenwood neighborhood. It wasn’t a Confederate flag; it was a Norwegian flag. (Steve Ringman/The Seattle Times)

In our political climate, a Norwegian flag, with its blue-and-white cross, was mistaken for a Confederate flag. Questions ensued in the Greenwood neighborhood.

A story about the times we live in, and assumptions we can make in our current political climate.

The news tip a few days ago said:

“Hi. Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying in front of a house in my Greenwood neighborhood. It is at the north-east corner of 92nd and Palatine, just a block west of 92nd and Greenwood Ave N. I would love to know what this ‘means’ … but of course don’t want to knock on their door. Maybe others in the area are flying the flag? Maybe it’s a story? Thank you.”

It was from Rebecca Morris, who is an author of The New York Times best-seller true-crime books.

So, of course, we drove to that corner.

There was no wind, and on a flagpole there was what obviously was the U.S. flag at the top, and below, a red flag with blue stripes.

Simply hanging down, not spread out, you could make some assumptions that it was the star-filled “Southern cross” of the Confederacy.

Darold Norman Stangeland lives at the corner house.

“That’s a Norwegian flag,” he says. “It’s been up there since the start of the Olympics.”

The Norwegian flag has a red background, with an off-center white-and-blue cross.

Norway, so far, has won 13 gold, 11 silver and nine bronze medals at the Pyeongchang 2018 Olympic Winter Games, totally dominating the event.

“I’m a proud Norwegian-American. My parents emigrated here in the mid-1950s. He skippered tugboats,” Stangeland says.

If you do some Googling, you find other incidents in which the same mistake happened.

From The Lewisboro Ledger in New York, Oct. 18, 2012: “Confederate or Norwegian? Flag misunderstood in reservation.”

The woman who had the small Norwegian flag on her property on Ward Pound Ridge Reservation was reported to the reservation’s office and was quoted, “It was embarrassing. Everyone in the county was asking me if I’m flying a rebel flag.”

When told she had mistaken the flag, Morris says, “Are you kidding me?”

She says she had even looked up the Confederate flag online and it sure looked to her like the flag on that corner.

But on a second look, “Well, it does look like the Norwegian flag!”

She says, “Maybe that’s the story … we’re so stressed by all things political that we see things that aren’t there.”

Better hope the Russian bots don’t decide to repost their slightly altered version.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...federate-flag/

Last edited by Methais; 02-23-2018 at 02:22 PM.

Heroin now kills more people than guns: Drugs overdoses claimed 50,000 lives in the US last year

There must be some mistake here because heroin and drug abuse are against the law.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-24-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Blog Entries

It must be all those assault drugs.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

The obvious parallel is the republicans aren't doing a thing to stop opioid and gun deaths

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    An AR-15 wouldn't do shit to a graboid though.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    An AR-15 wouldn't do shit to a graboid though.
    It will if you're Alex P. Keaton's dad.