Page 328 of 1658 FirstFirst ... 2282783183263273283293303383784288281328 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 16579

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    The issue here is that trans people rarely manage to get any kind of part, and the fact that they are systematically blocked from even portraying actual trans characters is symptomatic of the discrimination they face in the industry.

Also, from the audience's perspective, trans people would like to see their stories portrayed honestly by other trans people. Refusing to cast trans actors to play trans characters makes what should be a liberating moment an invalidating one instead.

And the fact that the same people who are expressing outrage at the notion of trans people having representation in an industry are also the same people who seem to express outrage over trans people using bathrooms, getting cakes made, and- good forbid- having employment protection is more than a little suspicious.

Trans people are very familiar with the notion of mountains out of molehills, there's no need to lecture on that point.
    That's a lot of words to say you're just a bigot against cis gender people.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That's a lot of words to say you're just a bigot against cis gender people.
    So your brilliant retort is that I'm biased against... Myself?

Did you actually finish High School? Genuinely curious

So your brilliant retort is that I'm biased against... Myself?

Did you actually finish High School? Genuinely curious
    Do you know how many white people blame themselves for the "racist" society we live in today and think white people should no longer breed? Let's not forget people from your political ideology tend to call black conservatives "white supremacists."

So you can stop using your cis-privilege as an excuse for why your comments aren't anti-cis-gender in nature. Thanks.

The issue here is that trans people rarely manage to get any kind of part, and the fact that they are systematically blocked from even portraying actual trans characters is symptomatic of the discrimination they face in the industry.

Also, from the audience's perspective, trans people would like to see their stories portrayed honestly by other trans people. Refusing to cast trans actors to play trans characters makes what should be a liberating moment an invalidating one instead.

And the fact that the same people who are expressing outrage at the notion of trans people having representation in an industry are also the same people who seem to express outrage over trans people using bathrooms, getting cakes made, and- good forbid- having employment protection is more than a little suspicious.

Trans people are very familiar with the notion of mountains out of molehills, there's no need to lecture on that point.
    Link us to the trans cake story. I never heard of that one.

I'm guessing you haven't either.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-16-2018 at 11:31 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Trans people aren't who people market a movie to. The audience would be ridiculously low. They market movies to the largest section of the population they can. If they are going to take the risk on that kind of topic then they are going to try to get a star in there that can fill the most seats. You seem to be looking at it from a activist perspective and they are looking at it from a business perspective. You have to realize that these movie executives don't care about the trans movement and trying to get a trans person to play a trans role. They care about filling seats and making the largest amount of money possible. Scarlett Johansenn is wildly popular right now and would have filled seats.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

6. Default

Sense8 hired actual trans people and that show has a pretty big following especially among the LGBTQ crowd.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Sense8 hired actual trans people and that show has a pretty big following especially among the LGBTQ crowd.
    And yet is was cancelled due to "not a large enough audience"

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    And yet is was cancelled due to "not a large enough audience"
    It was cancelled because costs per episode were greater than that of Game of Thrones. Then it's base rallied and Netflix brought it back for a 2 hour special.

It was cancelled because costs per episode were greater than that of Game of Thrones.
    Would that have still been an issue if they had a large enough audience?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

It was cancelled because costs per episode were greater than that of Game of Thrones. Then it's base rallied and Netflix brought it back for a 2 hour special.
    Now, Netflix boss Ted Sarandos has revealed the series was cancelled for financial reasons, as the audience was simply "not large enough" to support the show's vast production costs.