Page 1639 of 1639 FirstFirst ... 6391139153915891629163716381639
Results 16,381 to 16,389 of 16389

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

That didn't take long. I believe Republicans will only have a one or two seat majority when the latest resignation goes through, so maybe Democrats will successfully elect their own speaker without needing to wait for their getting the majority in November.

Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene files motion to oust Speaker Mike Johnson

WASHINGTON (AP) — Speaker Mike Johnson is at risk of being ousted after hard-right Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene filed a motion to vacate on Friday in the middle of a House vote on a $1.2 trillion package to keep the government open.

It’s the same political dynamic that removed the last Republican speaker, Kevin McCarthy, just five months ago when far-right conservatives revolted over his compromise with Democrats to prevent a federal shutdown. But this one faces steeper odds with less GOP support.

The House is scheduled to leave town for a two-week spring recess at the end of Friday’s session, and it’s doubtful any vote on removing Johnson, of Louisiana, would be imminent.

“Speaker Johnson always listens to the concerns of members but is focused on governing,” spokesman Raj Shah said. “He will continue to push conservative legislation that secures our border, strengthens our national defense and demonstrates how we’ll grow our majority.”

Under the rules, any member can make the motion privileged, which would require leaders to schedule a vote within two legislative days. But it can also simply sit until lawmakers return next month.

https://apnews.com/article/speaker-j...132ac16f36562a

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    National guard should have tear gassed them and rubber bulleted them into submission. That they were not prepared for it is sad. And frankly, I think they should have been able to turn them into red paste if they were being attacked. We are supposed to be a sovereign nation and can't protect our borders from enemies.
    True, but Biden is almost as much of a pussy as Seran is, so there's that.

And almost as stupid.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-22-2024 at 03:26 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    National guard should have tear gassed them and rubber bulleted them into submission. That they were not prepared for it is sad. And frankly, I think they should have been able to turn them into red paste if they were being attacked. We are supposed to be a sovereign nation and can't protect our borders from enemies.
    FUCK rubber bullets. We need these along the border.

I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

“A suspicion of mine is that there are too many preachy females” dominating the culture of his party, he said. “‘Don’t drink beer. Don’t watch football. Don’t eat hamburgers. This is not good for you.’ The message is too feminine: ‘Everything you’re doing is destroying the planet. You’ve got to eat your peas.’”

-James Carville
    He is not wrong. The Dems are full of pussies. Not enough cock n’ balls.

step 1: get enough R's to step down to remove house majority
    step 2: introduce bill claiming Trump guilty of insurrection
    step 3: remove Trump from ballot.

Give it time.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3

your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

President Biden said Tuesday he commuted by train or car over the Francis Scott Key Bridge "many, many times," despite the bridge not having any rail lines.

"At about 1:30 [a.m. Tuesday], a container ship struck the Francis Scott Key Bridge, which I’ve been over many, many times commuting from the state of Delaware either on a train or by car," the president said.

"I've been to Baltimore Harbor many times," he added.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-say...224229254.html

What a fucking retard. I continue to see why dems hang on every word he says because he doesn't even know what is going to come out of his mouth next other than it won't be the truth. Just says stuff to be saying stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    President Biden said Tuesday he commuted by train or car over the Francis Scott Key Bridge "many, many times," despite the bridge not having any rail lines.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-say...224229254.html

What a fucking retard. I continue to see why dems hang on every word he says because he doesn't even know what is going to come out of his mouth next other than it won't be the truth. Just says stuff to be saying stuff.
    And I thought Obama had a penchant for making everything about himself. Biden is on a whole other level.