Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Enchanting data points

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I have been noticing some issues as well.

I'm in the middle of a 5-6x project on a plain jane golvern mattock (-10 for golvern). Each time I have checked the difficulty I'm getting the "Unless you are horribly unlucky, you should have no trouble enchanting a scorched golvern war mattock." messaging. Each cast I have received the "You make a very poor attempt!" messaging. I'm also noticing an increase in temper times than what I have experienced over the years for 5-6x projects, the first two pours were 6-7 days and this last pour I received 7-8 days, that's with really good numbers on the end rolls.

It feels to me like there is something not right.

You gesture at a scorched golvern war mattock.
    You sense that the mattock is one of your own projects, and it is ready to be enchanted. It is on the third step of the enchanting process. You recognize the vibrant blue aura surrounding it as indicating a strong level of enchantment.

Unless you are horribly unlucky, you should have no trouble enchanting a scorched golvern war mattock.

You channel at a scorched golvern war mattock.
    You make a very poor attempt! Success!

P.S. Just finished the third cast, same results. 6-7 days on the pour again.
    Temper times can easily vary, depending on the number of projects in the works. The more 6x projects being worked on, the longer the temper times. Generally, expect any 6x project to normally take around 45 days to complete - it could be a few lower or even higher, but generally it's around 1.5 months.

As for the "You make a very poor attempt!" message, that has nothing to do with the issue that Askip brought up. That message is just tied to the endroll of your attempt to channel 925 when you're making your cast. You just got a low roll. As long as you don't get a fumble message on an item that 925 tells you "Unless you are horribly unlucky, you should have no trouble", you will not fail on enchanting the item. If you fumble, you fumble. It sucks.

I had a flaring project going and got the fumble roll on the final cast. I was only taking the item to 3x, but it's a bitch when you have to utilize pre-temper potions just to enchanting the flaring item. My fumble, the item became locked. Why the fuck SIMU thought that locking items was a great idea is beyond me. The player now has to utilize an out of game NPC (merchant) to have them unlock the item.....not everyone has access to a lot of merchants nor availability to wait around if one does become available. What sense is it that some wandering merchant that can tailor items has the power to unlock an enchanting project, but wizards that utilize the spell daily can't figure it out......the logic is broke as hell and SIMU can eat a dick for implementing this punishment into the game......yeah, I'm kind of bitter about the failed cast punishments wizards have to deal with when compared to the paltry failed punishment that Ensorcell has tied to it.

<< not everyone has access to a lot of merchants nor availability to wait around if one does become available >>

This is the worst part of the new system. I spend a decent amount of time in-game and I see very few merchants, and then you need to get lucky with a spinner or hope you are in line soon enough to be picked.

If I lock a project it would probably be faster to use Sarmoc and start again, either way it totally sucks.

Still, it does beat destroying the item.

Last edited by Askip; 11-26-2018 at 04:02 PM.