Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI Confirms Probe into Trump-Russian Collusion

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Right, but I was talking about the actual prosecutor being outside of the government and bringing up the fact that the AG doesn't always choose that person.

The only time I mentioned the AG was when I specifically said a special prosecutor was unlikely in this case because it was up to AG.

PAUSE AND PARAPHRASE THONDALAR
    Except that it always HAS been inside the government, because nobody but the government would do any of this. The only question, like I already mentioned, is which branch of government it falls under.

Quote Originally Posted by Savageheart View Post
    Special Counsel would not report to either the AG or President in this case. It goes to the next highest person in the chain of DoJ so far as I understand it. That being said this is the first thing Im not absolutely certain of so eh.
    Special Counsel always has, and always will, report to one of those two, ultimately. That's just how it works.

This was not a recuse Lynch did not Recuse; Jeffy did however recuse.
    I didn't say Lynch recused herself, I said Lynch left the matter up to the FBI and that was good enough for time4fun. It was also bullshit on Lynch's part, she would "leave it up" to the FBI but she didn't fully commit to recusing herself.

My previous statement stands and you did not address it you attempted to dissemble I'm not here to white knight anyone just keeping things somewhat accurate.
    You're not keeping things accurate at all because you act as if time4fun made these arguments at all. She has not.

What happens now matters, and is not based on the seperate findings and legal merit of the HRC investigation.
    No shit, like I said before I don't give a single fuck about this FBI investigation, I'm just here to give time4fun shit for being a hypocrite. For someone not "white knighting" anyone you sure do seem to be white knighting people.

Separate issue but related to this investigation; I love how the brain dead left is now saying Trump is under investigation for treason. Democrats have officially hit rock bottom now. Time for you all to move to California and New York and stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I didn't say Lynch recused herself, I said Lynch left the matter up to the FBI and that was good enough for time4fun. It was also bullshit on Lynch's part, she would "leave it up" to the FBI but she didn't fully commit to recusing herself.
    If we take nothing else from all of this, we should recognize, in a bipartisan fashion, the fact that Lynch specifically did NOT recuse herself, and Sessions specifically has.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    If there is already a probe, maybe we should wait until that is done before salivating like a retard after a piece of candy and begging for a special prosecutor.

In before "I once worked in the independent prosecutor's office and have multiple years of experience.. so I know when it's needed" story.
    Check your microwave, PB. They could be watching you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thondalar View Post
    If we take nothing else from all of this, we should recognize, in a bipartisan fashion, the fact that Lynch specifically did NOT recuse herself, and Sessions specifically has.
    Because Democrats are corrupt.

Except that it always HAS been inside the government, because nobody but the government would do any of this. The only question, like I already mentioned, is which branch of government it falls under.
    Thond- the special prosecutor must be outside of the government according to the regulations that govern the appointment. Just because the government appoints the person doesn't mean that they're appointing another government official. The person is selected because they aren't beholden to any branch of the government.

You're getting stuck on a rhetorical point that's unrelated to the core issue. With just one exception that I'm aware of (since the late 70s), every special prosecutor has been selected from outside of the US government. The one exception was someone who was already a Federal prosecutor.

And once appointed, the special prosecutor can only be removed by the AG and only for misconduct.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Check your microwave, PB. They could be watching you.
    They're watching me but everytime I open the microwave they disappear, just like the guy that controls the light in my fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Thond- the special prosecutor must be outside of the government according to the regulations that govern the appointment. Just because the government appoints the person doesn't mean that they're appointing another government official. The person is selected because they aren't beholden to any branch of the government.

You're getting stuck on a rhetorical point that's unrelated to the core issue. With just one exception that I'm aware of (since the late 70s), every special prosecutor has been selected from outside of the US government. The one exception was someone who was already a Federal prosecutor.

And once appointed, the special prosecutor can only be removed by the AG and only for misconduct.
    They're appointed by the government, and they answer to the government, and they can be fired by the government.

You're the only one stuck on rhetorical points.

Lynch specifically took the FBI's recommendations. The whole notion that she didn't formally recuse herself is ridiculous. She removed herself from decision making. You'll recall that it was Comey, not Lynch, who held a press conference on the decision of the Clinton probe. It was the FBI who decided what happened.

And comparing the two situations is likewise ridiculous.

Loretta Lynch had an impromptu, public meeting with Bill Clinton. Anyone who thinks that the two of them would have arranged a public viewing of a nefarious meeting is deluding themselves.

Sessions lied under oath about meeting with a member of a foreign enemy's government, at a time when that government was illegally interfering with our electoral system,and he was a part of the very campaign that was under investigation. There is a reason why Sessions had to recuse himself. He was one of the subjects of the investigations he was presiding over.