Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Videos to Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Every Thursday in the Marine Corps is called field day. It is when you clean your room and the common areas so the 1stSgt can come by and fail the entire barracks and make you do it again over the weekend.
    Builds character.

Every Thursday in the Marine Corps is called field day. It is when you clean your room and the common areas so the 1stSgt can come by and fail the entire barracks and make you do it again over the weekend.
    So what's going on with the first group then? Are they getting off easy cause they are chicks or because they're Army or something?

Or is this the same group of people but as you say they cleaned everything but failed anyways so they are cleaning it again on the weekend?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-23-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    So what's going on with the first group then? Are they getting off easy cause they are chicks or because they're Army or something?
    They are pogs. (Non infantry)
    Last edited by Gelston; 03-23-2017 at 09:53 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

They are pogs. (Non infantry)

?

Blog Entries

It is pronounces like pogue. Personnel Other than Grunt.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Racist.

Could have just linked to my post saying the exact same thing /flex
    Freedom of speech (or "your right to say it") refers to government censorship. That's it. That's all it's ever meant. If Terrence says he's tired of reading his crazy family's Facebook comments and puts them on ignore, that doesn't infringe on their freedom of speech. If Terrence says the government should ban his crazy family from posting on Facebook, that's an infringement of their freedom of speech.

In a similar way, freedom of religion is not now and has never been 'the government cannot force you to violate your conscience.' Freedom of religion is that the government shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.

The government made a law that people can't blow other people up with bombs.
    This law does not respect an establishment of religion, therefore it does not violate (that part of) the First Amendment.
    American citizen Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's conscience told him that he should set a bomb at the Boston marathon.
    The government sentenced him to death.

Mr. Rubin, therefore, has three choices.
    1. protest the government forcing people like Mr. Tsarnaev to violate their conscience
    2. stop protesting people the government forcing people like Unnamed Baker X to violate their conscience
    3. keep being a hypocrite

Mr. Rubin's problem here is not that he is a bigot, Islamophobe, etc. His problem is that he is fundamentally misinformed about what the Constitution actually says, and that he hasn't thought his positions all the way through.
    Last edited by Latrinsorm; 03-29-2017 at 08:02 PM.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Could have just linked to my post saying the exact same thing /flex
    I don't remember you saying that the wage gap is only 5%. Did I miss that post?
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

I don't remember you saying that the wage gap is only 5%. Did I miss that post?
    I went into great detail most recently here. Cliff notes is that it's another version of confounding variables. We observe that x causes z and y causes z, but that doesn't mean x DOESN'T cause y, and if we control for y we may be doing so mistakenly.

In this case, we see without a doubt that gender causes a wage gap, or at least those of us who care to see that. With that removed from all argument, don't we have reason to believe gender also causes a job title gap, an industry gap, and so on? If I as a business owner can't even be bothered to exchange the same objective, quantitative value for your work (that is, that value that is easiest to verify), why would I do so in more nebulous and qualitative value like promotions, hirings, etc.?
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.