Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: I demand treasure.

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Glad the US Marines didn't pick that style to teach. Stupid ice pick technique. Yeah, I wanna go ahead and shorten my reach, leave myself open to charges and expose my wrists. Great knife fighting technique there.
    Come at me bro!

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstreitkräfte View Post
    You're right, I don't know how.

    That's me, Mike Franciotti and Leo Gaje. They came into town for a Pekiti Tirsia seminar last summer and I participated.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Gaje

    How do you block bullets?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    21,652
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    How do you block bullets?
    With kevlar.

  4. Default

    Christ, IW would be unstoppable.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    EVERYWHERE FOR I AM YOUR LORD
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Glad the US Marines didn't pick that style to teach. Stupid ice pick technique. Yeah, I wanna go ahead and shorten my reach, leave myself open to charges and expose my wrists. Great knife fighting technique there.
    I prefer sak sak as well and there's plenty of application. Remember we do short sword as well. Not sure how much you've checked into Pekiti Tirsia but it's definitely not limited to pakal grip.
    Guro Inosanto - Filipino Martial Arts Demo at the Smithsonian
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKKZuS8c7rM

  6. #16

    Default


  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    21,652
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstreitkräfte View Post
    I prefer sak sak as well and there's plenty of application. Remember we do short sword as well. Not sure how much you've checked into Pekiti Tirsia but it's definitely not limited to pakal grip.
    I was going purely off your profile pic. The only time we ever used that grip was when simulating someone that has no idea what they are doing and the ways to wreck their shit. that is the grip most people take, because they watch to many TV shows, and I suppose it just seems more comfortable.
    Last edited by Gelston; 03-10-2017 at 09:25 PM.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    21,652
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    And none of you sons of a bitches have provided glittering prizes yet... Or noticed the category I posted this in.
    Last edited by Gelston; 03-10-2017 at 09:27 PM.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    And none of you sons of a bitches have provided glittering prizes yet... Or noticed the category I posted this in.

    Take your pick.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    21,652
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post

    Take your pick.
    I prefer serrations. Did you know it is internationally illegal to have a bayonet with serrations? That is why all our bayonets are called fighting knives.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •